Your biggest enemy

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by kesnielgalvan, Jan 23, 2017.

1. kesnielgalvan

kesnielgalvan New Member

From my time to time lurks on this forum and other forums - I can see a common enemy, obstacle, hurdle or whatever you want to call it. Now this enemy doesn't just surface on game development related topic, no, this enemy shows in many different industries and projects or goals.

This enemy is, not following the due process.

We all have dreams, and sometimes these dreams ARE MASSIVE! But we have to get a hold of ourselves and not get lost in daydreaming.

A lot of projects and goals become scratched because we either burn out, we face too many obstacles, we realize we don't have the experiences or the skills to tackle issues that arises etc. This is because we bit more than we can chew.

For new developers (and others) - aim for something small. Start with a small project, complete it, share it and publish it. Get a solid foundation before venturing out to bigger projects.

And this can be applied with everything in life, don't set a goal of 5% body fat when you are sitting at 25-30% body fat - aim to lose 5% body fat or 10% and see your progress and your goals come to life. Instead of being frustrated and calling it quits!