www.sharewareconnection.com/

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by JPGinLA, Sep 18, 2006.

1. JPGinLA

JPGinLA New Member

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with this site?

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/

Search for your game and then they have an alternate download and installer which adds other programs to the download!

I've sent them an attorney-gram telling them to stop violating our rights (I believe they are) and I'll see how they respond and let ya'll know.

In the emantime if you have experience, I'd appreciate hearing about it here or via PM.

Thanks,

JPG

2. Classix

Original Member

Looks like the guy is from Bangladesh, so i don't think that'll scare him.

3. arcadetown

Moderator Original Member

Still if a site is hosted in US and dns provided by US company then there's still solid option/threat to go after them for copyright violation if needed.

4. jwc

jwc New Member

Also since they use google adsense to revenue you can report the site to google :) I tried a few games but they all looked normal (direct downloads from the developers site). Are you sure they're doing something bad?

5. Frozen In Ice

Original Member Indie Author

Just gave it a quick check and noticed one of mine listed. From the information presented, the webmaster is using a PAD file that has to be about 3 years old and is far from accurate.

I sent the webmaster an email from the contact us form. Sites like this are more of the PITA than anything. They pop up , use outdated information, last about 6 months and then disappear again.

(Message sent to webmaster)
    If you are going to list our products, try to use a PAD file that isn't 3 years old. If your site doesn't poll for PAD files, please don't list our products. We do not have the time to chase down every download site that pops up listing software.