www.indievideogames.com IS OPEN

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by noahbwilson, Sep 26, 2016.

1. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

One of the long drawn out user saga's on this website has finally come to a close... 'Beta' .... Well sorta.

2. Khitty

Khitty New Member

Awesome. I create me an account.

3. Chill Monster

Chill Monster New Member

This is an excellent idea and I recommend all devs sign up to give their support. I think the key to making it a huge success is to (somehow) make it appealing to game players as well as game developers. I have a few of suggestions that might be worth considering:

- The home page is very text heavy at the top. The first thing someone should see when entering the site is a load of image links to the games, maybe move the game feed to the top.
    - There's no way to easily browse games by platform. I'm specifically interested in Android games but I can't find a way to just see all of them. A "View all games on [PLATFORM]" link for each platform on the home page would be handy.
    - Get an iOS and Android app out as soon as you can. This is really important for the mobile platforms because at the moment I need to transition from my PC to my phone and look for the game I want on the app store, doesn't sound like a big deal but you'd be surprised at how much that step can affect downloads. The first version of your app can be really simple, just a list of new games for the relevant platform would be fine, add more features later.

Hope this is useful feedback for you ;)
    Ronny