www.indievideogames.com is coming soon!

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by noahbwilson, Sep 18, 2016.

1. noahbwilson

Indie Author

Hey everyone!

I bought this old, lack-luster website and URL from another webmaster, and I am rebooting it like crazy.

Also, before I say anything else, I will say I am NOT making this website a forum, and I hope to team up with this website to make this place our first-choice forum to send our users.

Let me also say the site is not live yet... so you can only be excited and can't sign up yet.

The NEW Indie Video Games . com is going to be a lot of things, but the main reason I bought it and am embarking on a webmaster adventure is because I saw a problem with how most of us market our games. A lot of us come here (and other sites), and just throw our game out into the ocean like a tiny fishing hook and hope someone bites. Maybe someone does, maybe a lot of people do, but this technique is boring and just a lot of white noise. Let's be honest, how many of us pay attention to someone else's "I made a new game" post. And how many of us have done a "I made a new game" post? I'm gonna guess that's the majority.

So Indie Video Games . com (IVG) is going to award users who share OTHER PEOPLE'S games. I'm still working on the method this is going to work, so don't ask me how yet, but there is a universal currency on IVG called 'Beans' (yum) that everyone will be earning, winning, (buying), and spending. You can earn Beans by sharing other people's games on your own personal Facebook or Twitter accounts, by playing games on the site in the site-sponsored Indy's Arcade, by straight-up giving me money (cuz there are those of us out there who have money... lucky), and by reviewing each other's games on their select stores (Apple Store, Google Play, etc.). Beans can then be spent on advertising space on IVG, downloading site-sponsored resources such as royalty free music, and perhaps one day: video reviews by my team of puppets. Oh yeah. Puppets.

Puppet Devs is a web series I am developing that is basically my newest IP. I do have a strong video background, a strong voice acting background, a decent comedy writing background, and 5 puppets that I had custom made. I'm teaming up with a few friends to come up with some little videos, but I'd also like to have my team of Puppets review your games! This part is very early in the developmental stages too, but I'd like to see it through.

I want IVG to be a hub. I know there are other sites out there like itch.io and Project MQ, but I want IVG to be a place where people can pro-actively market their game without wasting money, and actually help each other get more players to play their games. The over-arcing goal is to make people realize we need to climb together. Right now we're all lobsters in a bucket pulling each other down as we try to climb out. Let's start ACTUALLY helping each other.

logo1.png

2. GaiaDreamCreation

Indie Author

I can't wait to see this. Let us know when it's ready.

noahbwilson likes this.
  3. noahbwilson

Indie Author

Well, I can't launch anything until the DNS fixes and I can tell www.indievideogames.com where to go.

I hope to launch SOMETHING today... but... a lot of the functionality will not be working yet. It will be a soft opening.

4. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

Love the logo(s)! Good luck with the site.

5. noahbwilson

Indie Author

6. noahbwilson

Indie Author

Site is up! Still lots of work to do, but sign up and submit your games. I'll reward the first games with free advertising.

www.indievideogames.com

Any errors? Lemme know.

7. Retro_Viking

Retro_Viking New Member

Cant seem to download the splash animation :(

8. Respawn Series

Respawn Series New Member

Hey this looks really cool. Is this something you might take advertising on?

9. noahbwilson

Indie Author

It is still a .swf. I need to convert it to .mp4, but I am also working on some sound so it can be used in videos. It's WIP.

10. noahbwilson

Indie Author

Yes, however I am doing advertising differently. You can BUY advertising directly (soon), or you can earn it by sharing other people's games or playing some small Flash games embedded on the website. The site is still in its infancy, but this is the eventual goal: People working to help other people without opening their wallets.

11. Respawn Series

Respawn Series New Member

That sounds cool!

I Don't actually Develop any game but I make trailers for Indie games. Would that still apply to me?

12. noahbwilson

Indie Author

Yes, you can apply to be a Resource. There's a form on the site.

Respawn Series likes this.
  13. noahbwilson

Indie Author

Hey we're almost up to 250 games on the site! Very cool! Thanks to everyone who signed up. I hope your games are getting a few more DLs. We are currently in early development for a new youtube review/video game comedy show, some new games in Doc's Arcade to help you earn points, as well as the eventual launch of our Puppet Devs series that is both informative, silly, and a marketing tool. Still a few kinks to be worked out, but the site is running a bit smoother!