Wrack - An arcade-style, cel-shaded FPS

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Carnevil, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Carnevil

Carnevil New Member

Hello!

I'd like to get some feedback on a new indie FPS I'm developing called Wrack.

[​IMG]

I'm not only open to feedback about the game and how it looks, but also anything about the presentation, promotion, etc. of it as well. I want to do as good of a job as possible! :)

Anyway, here's a screenshot from one of the latest levels:

[​IMG]

... and here's the trailer:

Finally, there's a lot more over at the website: http://www.wrackgame.com/

Any comments? Suggestions? Any sort of feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

#1 Carnevil, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

too dark

Everything is far too dark.
    I see no cell-shading in your screenshots.
    Just a slimmer of it on a better lit finger in one of them.
    You lose the effect by cranking down light.
    Don't try to imitate id with low lights.
    The only graphic that speaks to me is the banner on top of your web site.

3. eltantillo

eltantillo New Member

Good

I love the cell shading you are using, buts as Bram say try to lighten a little bit the game in general. I'll be keeping track of this game

4. Carnevil

Carnevil New Member

Yeah, I agree that things are too dark. We just put out a version with a new level (which that screenshot is of in the first post), and people really seemed to like that one over the earlier levels (all of which are in the trailer) - mostly because of the brightness. I always thought they were a little on the dark side, anyway. We're now doing some more work on the earlier levels, and have brightened them up some. Here's a nice before/after shot:

[​IMG]

How's that? Any more tweaks needed?

5. Carnevil

Carnevil New Member

Okay, well we just got done doing a whole bunch of work on the lighting, as well as the color in general! I'm using a lot more hard shadows (to give better contrast) and brighter more colorful lights. We also brightened and increased the saturation on the green/brown texture set. It's definitely looking much better IMO!

Here are a few good examples:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

6. Bad Sector

Original Member

There aren't really *that* many people following this forum to need to update two threads, just stick with one and leave the other to die :p

7. teoma

teoma New Member

I love your logo, one of the best I've seen in a while.