Would an American buy a game with 'Mono' in the title?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Talisman, Oct 29, 2010.

1. HMAudio

HMAudio New Member

Back on topic, due to the placement of Mono I assumed it was his name, and that it was a quirky name. If it were Mono Space Octopus I would assume there's one of him or that he screams bubbly screams of space-pain in one channel, not two.

2. Talisman

Original Member

For those interested:

• I kept the original title
    • On Monday the game ranked 123rd in New Zealand, 178th in Australia, 276th in the UK, and 465th in the US.*
    • I would guess that the lower ranking in the US is more likely due to negative early reviews than anything to do with the name.
    • Until actual sales figures are released, we can't draw any meaningful conclusions. (i.e. the difference between 465th place and 123rd place might only be one sale.)

*this is based on the 'Top Paid Apps' list, which excludes free apps.

3. HMAudio

HMAudio New Member

That is very interesting. You're right that the name itself shouldn't make that much of a difference in things, it could be as simple as differences in international market tendencies. "simple", heh.

4. adesilva

adesilva New Member

I do not see why it is a problem, as someone suggested before whenever it is said it will be said in the context of your game and nobody will see any problems with it.

5. hippocoder

Indie Author

I think its a bit backwards having so many divides and classifications. I would probably prefer to call you sir instead of having my lights punched out.

6. Adrian Lopez

Original Member

Nationalism is just the modern, large-scale version of primitive tribalism. I think it's time we abandon such foolish notions and join together as a people to exterminate the evil Reticulans.