Why I love Indies - I'm on a mission

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by ManuelMarino, May 4, 2007.

1. ManuelMarino

Original Member

I’m on a kind of “mission”, trying to help all the Indies I can.

My studio provides high quality audio for game, television and multimedia projects at as low a rate as possible in order to actively encourage business from the indie scene.

If you check my page on LinkedIn, and click on the full profile (at the bottom), you’ll see the huge number of recommendations I received thanks to my job.

LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/manuelmarino

On my page on Ecademy, http://www.ecademy.com/user/manuelmarino you can read my story and why I help the Indies world.

Also, I’m a POWER NETWORKER, and I help people to find the right professionals for specific roles... my Network of Trusted Professionals reach the number 5,104,700 !!!

If you have Skype we can chat about all of this... my contact is manuelmarino

I hope to receive soon an enthusiastic reply from you!! ;-) (I’m sorry, I’m Italian, I’m always excited!!! Hehe)

2. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

So, there are 5 million people you know and trust ? I'm in awe

3. ManuelMarino

Original Member

1. can you imagine eating a meal with one tooth?
    2. can you imagine typing to a discussion group with one finger?
    3. can you imagine being the only person trying to build the Empire
    State Building?

Team work, also known as networking, is what civilize life is all about.

4. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I agree, I'm on linked-in too despite that it still comes big second to the old boy network, but 5 million ? Is that a record ?

5. Sol_HSA

Indie Author

I think he's referring to the linkedin network, which includes your friends, their friends, and their friends..

6. whisperstorm

Original Member

Your samples sound pretty good! You should post some direct links here in the post -it would add to your credibility and help avoid skeptics. What I mean is your post sounds very much market-speak and might put off folks from taking you seriously, however it looks to me that you have the chops to put your money where your mouth is. Is it possible to do "concept music" just like there's "concept art" ?

7. ManuelMarino

Original Member

8. Jamie W

Original Member Indie Author

Just as a point of curiosity ...

Can anyone here imagine eating a meal with 5,104,700 teeth?

;)

9. ManuelMarino

Original Member

By the way, they are three degrees contacts, not direct connections, of course...

10. NO9

NO9
    Original Member

lol. In that way I know Michael Jackson and Curt Cobain as well. :)

11. tolworthy

tolworthy New Member

If you like escargot. Each snail can have up to a quarter million teeth. Or maybe that's not what you meant...