Where can I learn to create?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Ravenouslemon, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Ravenouslemon

Ravenouslemon New Member

Hi,
    I have been trying to learn the basic elements in game creation for a while now but I have been unable to. Could I please have some advice as to where I can pick up key game creation skills such as code and design.
    Thank you

2. CCHAudio

CCHAudio New Member

Personally I learned to code in High School and College classes. If you're looking to learn outside of school I would recommend starting with the basics. You're not going to learn coding by starting with a complex game, you start with the basics. It's like any skill, you start with the basics and work your way up to more complex ideas. If your ultimate goal is games, I would recommend learning one of the C languages.

3. GaiaDreamCreation

Indie Author

[FONT=Verdana, serif]I suggest doing a lot of tutorials. First, choose a development tool and look for tutorials. For example, if you choose Unity3D, you can look into their “Learn” section for the tutorials and examples. There are plenty of other other tutorials on the web.[/FONT]

4. Gallacy

Gallacy New Member

"Games creation" is such a generic term, please get down to the lowest possible level you can imagine and go from there...