What's the best way to get feedback on my game?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by FoxVoid, Mar 22, 2016.

1. FoxVoid

FoxVoid New Member

I've made a mobile game, now I want to get feedback on it for ways to improve it. I've tried asking family and friends but they give a pretty biased opinion.

2. depad

depad New Member

Try http://FeedbackMyApp.com - You can add your game on there and other developers will give feedback on it for ways to improve it. You can only do this if your game is on iOS or Google Play

#2 depad, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    idurvesh likes this.
  3. Gavinx92

Gavinx92 New Member

Hi FoxVoid. I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure how useful it is, but I believe this website has a section where you can request feedback on your game. In addition to that I would highly recommend a website called test fairy. While it does not actually help you collect beta/alpha testers, it does give you a platform to distribute your app on, as well as collect log/crash data. Plus it's free, so go check it out. As far as actually getting it in front of people goes, I would just be a little shameless when it comes to telling people you're a game developer. If it's a topic they seem interisted in at all then ask them if they want to play. The worst thing that will happen is they'll say no. Finally I would be willing to give you feedback on your game if you want.

4. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

Gavinx92 is right. You posted in the Game Design forum, but there is a Feedback Requests forum where you can provide all of the links and videos for your game and people can directly play and provide you feedback by replying to your thread.

5. dragonslumber

Greenlit

I would also add that just being part of a developer community in general really helps for stuff like this. Get to know other devs, get involved and when you need help and feedback, they'll be there for you. I got to know some amazing people who really helped me out a lot for my game, because I got to know them and just contribute to the community outside of my own needs. It karma I guess.

6. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

7. Curry_

Curry_ New Member

You could also try to post it on Reddit. There is a lot of users there and if you could get a really constructive feedback there.