What language is good for making point and click adventure games?

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Oni-kun, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Oni-kun

Oni-kun New Member

I'm planning on making a point and click style adventure game so that I can get better at programming. I recently finished year 9 IST, and have always had an interest in programming. I recently decided to take up programming as a hobby, and, being new to programming, don't have much skill yet. But I want to learn how to program well - so I would like to use an easy to learn language. When learning, I prefer testing my abilities a great deal, and so I wish to make a simple game; I decided on point and click, because I thought it would be a nice place to learn. In short, I want a language that's easy to learn, is perfectly capable of making simple, 2D games (point and click adventures to be specific), and is fit for someone learning to program.
    Thanks to anyone who bothered to read this, and please give suggestions on languages that might be good for a beginner like myself.

2. Oni-kun

Oni-kun New Member

Sorry if I sound like a twat, I just have a weird way of formulating sentences/messages. Thanks to anyone who read this, and huge thanks to anyone who has a language they'd like to recommend! Any comments are greatly appreciated.

3. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis New Member

I used Tao, which was a C# OpenGL binding (it's now called OpenTK and it's changed a lot). Tao included lot of bindings OpenGL, OpenAL, PhysFS etc, so I think all the missing files will probably be from Tao. http://sourceforge.net/projects/taoframework/ Apart from that it uses the Engine project also included in the repo, I linked.

4. Oni-kun

Oni-kun New Member

Thanks! I'll check it out