What has become of online flash games?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by EveSerene, May 16, 2010.

1. EveSerene

EveSerene New Member

I write to you today to ask the question what has become of online flash sports games?

Our society has once again fallen into the quantity over quality scenario where putting out games every day that can be played for about the same quantity of time, is more of a priority than putting out good quality games that have been seriously thought out and taken the feedback of gamers into account in the process.

Clicking our way through portals of ongoing advertising and thousands of games that all seem to be the same, learning nothing in the process.

Have you guys seen anything lately worth checking out in online flash sports games?

2. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

3. EveSerene

EveSerene New Member

I see your from Montreal :) I myself am in Quebec as well. We do have some really good developpers in the region, but still there has been something definetely lacking from the flash video gaming industry - a well thought out process where the games are actually fun and keep your interest for longer than it took to make the game.

I'm so tired of clicking through the endless world of advertising and game portals.

It would be nice to have a more personal touch with topics and content that attract my attention.

Thanks for the links by the way, ill check it out!

4. Spore Man

Indie Author

Do not feed the troll. This person is a forum link spammer. He/she/it posted the exact same thing on FlashKit and then after a few replies, he/she/it posts a link to a 2D motorcycle game claiming he/she/it just found it and thinks it's a great game.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=813598

5. EveSerene

EveSerene New Member

Dont worry - I wont post anything :) and by the way, it's she. I've learned that that is not the way to go about spreading the word and getting a positive response.

6. EveSerene

EveSerene New Member

You can remove this thread - not that you need permission lol I took the advice of someone else not feeling right about it, and I have learned the error of my ways. I don't want to start off on the wrong foot and have been backpeddling profusely the past 24 hours.

Sorry to get everyone in an uproar.

7. Spore Man

Indie Author

Alrighty. If you go back to Flashkit, Games forum, you'll see there is a thread in the #1 spot (stickied) that's specifically for new game announcements.

Here, there's the Feedback forum as well as the Announcements forum.

8. EveSerene

EveSerene New Member

9. JGOware

Indie Author

wow... a spammer with a conscious. What has this world come to? lol..

10. EveSerene

EveSerene New Member

it wasnt my intention to be labeled as such

11. Vino

Vino New Member

EveSerene, people will respond much better to you if you seem authentic, and the best way to seem authentic is to be authentic.