Wanted: Puzzle Lovers' Hangout

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by dypaul, Feb 2, 2005.

1. dypaul

Original Member

For those of us here making puzzle/word type games, we know that the vast majority of our customers are women, esp. 35-49. But most of game forums, where you can interact directly with consumers, are geared towards male hardcore gamers. Has anyone here stumbled upon forums where women congregate to discuss mainly games? Thanks.

2. Andy

Original Member

Would you find such place dypaul you'd get rich in days. :D

3. Bmc

Bmc New Member

I'd suggest the real arcade message boards.

4. Fantus

Original Member

Perhaps women gamers between 35 and 49 don't feel the need to discuss about their game activities.

5. Andy

Original Member

Supposedly have no time to be more correct...

6. maksum

Indie Author

Jump into some of the puzzle games at grab.com. Each one has a chat that sits along side the game so you can chat with people AS they're playing. There are also message boards, ability to create buddy lists, send PM's, etc.. I had a beta version of my game on their for quite a while as I finished it up and found it to be very useful to go in there and have people tell me what they think. I could actually ask them questions in real-time about the game.

Even if you don't have a game to post, you can just pick a game, and see what they like or don't like about it, etc..

It's been a great resource for me.

Mike

7. ErikH2000

Original Member

For what it's worth, anyone is welcome to post on the DROD forum about games of interest to puzzle fans. I don't make any special claim to having a big female audience, but the traffic there is pretty good. (We just had our 50,000th post.) To keep your message from getting deleted:

1. Post to "Electronic Games" board.
    2. Indicate in message that you will read and reply to responses on the board. This is the main distinction we make between participants and spammers.

-Erik