[Wanted] Paid C++ Programmer

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by rodMaerrick, Apr 24, 2011.

1. rodMaerrick

rodMaerrick New Member

We are looking for a talented junior to mid-level game programmer to join our small independent team. We require an enthusiastic game programmer with a broad understanding of all aspects of game development including gameplay mechanics, AI, networking, sound, graphics and visual effects. The ideal candidate will be confident and flexible enough to pick up any task and see it through all its stages of development from research and design all the way through to debugging and testing.

Although small, our team consists of members located locally, in San Jose, Ca. As such candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be capable of communicating in person, via e-mail and via voice conferencing.

Primary responsibilities:

· Design, develop and debug a wide range of gameplay functionality.

· Work alongside designers, artists and other programmers.

· Participate in planning, estimating and scheduling.

· Produce clean, efficient, maintainable code.

· Maintain focus and enthusiasm throughout the length of the project.

· Utilise a high-quality third-party game engine to bring our designer's vision to fruition.

Requirements:

· CS degree and/or industry experience (indie experience welcome).

· Knowledge of all aspects of game development.

· Fluency in C++ and object-oriented design/development.

· Proficiency in 3D mathematics.

· Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.

· The desire to pursue and accept direction.

· Experience with (or the desire to use) source control and agile development strategies.

· Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.

· A desire to play a key role in the development of great games!

Desirable:

· Located within the vicinity of San Jose, Ca

· Worked on completed title(s), does not need to be an AAA title.

· Experience with git.

· Experience developing for consoles.

· Experience with the Vision game engine.

· Technical knowledge of compilers, C++, networking, game programming and/or graphics rendering.

This is a paid position; please email me your resume and code sample (optional however desired) to rod [at] etherealmusestudios [dot] com

2. cordynasty

cordynasty New Member

All the good programming jobs are in CA. lol

Not that I have a degree yet. I'm fluent in C++, but don't have professional c++ experience yet, unfortunately. Not to mention, I live in Texas. Good luck finding someone.