tracking contacts

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by lennard, Sep 15, 2013.

1. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Hi all, I've just started working with a marketing person and the first thing they are doing for me is getting a snapshot of a variety of products and websites. What I want to track are companies/products (a table in a Google spreadsheet?), links, emails and a variety of notes. Can anybody recommend anything better than the Google doc's spreadsheet?

2. Desktop Gaming

Probably a full-blown database would be more suited? Access if you have MS Office, or LibreOffice Base if you don't. That'll give you much more power in organising and managing content.

3. lennard

We've been using the spreadsheet in Google Doc's for a day or so now and it's mostly getting the job done. The only issue I'm having is that I would like to hyper-link between spreadsheet pages (not for calculations but to link cells containing contact data) and can't see how to do that using my friend Mr. Google.

4. Desktop Gaming

5. Morgan Ramsay

Morgan Ramsay New Member

The best CRM apps are cloud-based and require subscriptions. Most offer limited free accounts that might be okay for solo operations.

Highrise and Capsule are for general contact management.

The word is that Pipeline is great for sales pipeline management. Redmine and Base are more like Pipeline.

Salesforce Desk focuses on customer support.

Personally, I'd use Contactually if there was a self-hosted version. The free plan is also quite ridiculous.