Tired of being filtered out of indie games? Join DustMask!

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by DustMask, Aug 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DustMask

DustMask New Member

[​IMG]
    Hello to all indie game lovers and creators!
    Have you ever wanted to create an indie game, but you didn’t have the possibility to do it all on your own? Do you like designing, 3d-modeling, composing music, writing, programming or do you have amazing managing skills? Do you want to practice your skills, but don’t have a project?

If any of the points just mentioned apply to you, then you’re the right person for DustMask! We’re an upcoming Indie Game Studio that searches for hobbyists and newcomers to join our team. However, industry professionals are welcome as well. Once we have our Studio members together we will settle on an idea everyone is motivated for and start building it from scratch.

Our goal is to create a small demo for the game in order to secure funding through crowdfunding or sponsorship, which we will then use to create the actual game.
    To apply for DustMask and for further information visit our website:
    https://dustmask.de/

#1 DustMask, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. WildG

WildG New Member

"I confirm that I transfer the rights of use and editing rights of all my services irrevocably to "DustMask"

Nah.

Not like that anyways... So can't register...

3. DustMask

DustMask New Member

What's your problem with that? It's just that we don't lose half the game when a team member leaves.

4. WildG

WildG New Member

"transfer the rights" means you lose the rights to your work.

You may require the transfer at later date if you feel the work demands it. Demanding it right of the bat don't sound right to me.

If you use something like: "I grant DustMask the right to use my work..." its more friendly and less of a "you are going to work for me for free" statement. It also leaves the worker the right to repurpose his work instead of just 'losing' it.

my2cents

5. DustMask

DustMask New Member

You're right, I'll talk to the team about it, maybe we can change it. Thanks for the criticism. As I said, it's just that you can't just pull back the work that is already in the project. I don't want it to sound like we want to use someone.

6. WildG

WildG New Member

:)

If you do let me know. I'll reapply.

7. DustMask

DustMask New Member

We'll change it tomorrow night :) I'll write here when it's changed.

8. DustMask

DustMask New Member

We changed it! :) I hope it doesn't sound so strict now.

9. vigaman

vigaman New Member

Rule of thumb when you have little to no budget to pay for people's work, ask people for help...not commitment. Give it a few months (like 3 months) to do a hobby project with the people who want to help out. It's okay for you to let them know ahead of time that you plan to turn this hobby project into a commercial one. Let them contribute work on their own time. Within the final month, you probably have enough work done to showcase as a demo. You also have a good idea on who "likes the thought of creating work for a game" and those who actually produced work for the game. Get an NDA ready and likely those who produced work and took some time in their busy schedule to help you out with the game demo, focus on them since they're likely to commit. You know they're committed when they sign the NDA. :)

Good luck to you guys! ;)

#9 vigaman, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    WildG and DustMask like this.
  10. DustMask

DustMask New Member

True words vigaman, that's the plan. The plan is to build a working demo anyway, and if the crowdfunding is successful, I will found the company and finalize all necessary contracts. :) Until then, everything is voluntary.

11. DustMask

DustMask New Member

Hi folks! Our team has already been assembled and we are going to start the active development at the end of the month. Yet we are still lack of some 3D Artists and Animators. It doesn’t matter whether you are a novice or an expert in your profession, we welcome you all to our team.
    Just go on https://dustmask.de/ and apply if you want!