The Half/Bryan series

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Patrick Bridge, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Patrick Bridge

Patrick Bridge New Member

The Half/Bryan series is a game made back in 1998 that I made as a side scroller game. The series follows around an agent named Bryan Baneon. He has to sneak into facilities / bases to complete his mission objectives. There is a total of 8 games and also there is side lore games such as HB Days of Conquering where it shows the battle between the factions. These games been through a few game engines, so it is still being worked on here and there with better game engines coming out.

There is the Half/Bryan novels as well and the series is complete with 6 novels that tells the entire story.
    If want to know more on the series just lookup Half/Bryan online at its official website, Youtube and FB
    I run the studio with one other person and work a normal job 5-6 days a week so that is why the game isn't out yet after all these years and just been trying to get it out in public since mid 2000s.

I am doing 4 IPs alone that I made. The other member of the studio is doing his own projects. Once we get our own IPs done then a full team game will come. I like to allow anyone to create their own game as that is mostly why everyone wants to make a game to begin with. My other IPs are Half/Bryan The Past and Future which is a RPG type game. similar to Fallout 1/2 and Diablo II (2000) in game layout. And my other is a cartoon game called Lenard's Island. And that is a close to mix of Super Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot in world play.

Similar games to Half/Bryan if interested. Metal Gear Solid, SplinterCell, TombRaider.
    Genre: Stealth Action

Similar games to Half/Bryan Days of Conquering if interested. Command & Conquer, Age of Empires, StarCraft
    Genre: RTS
    Thanks for viewing.
    Good Image.jpg

#1 Patrick Bridge, Jan 29, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  2. Patrick Bridge

Playing 8.jpg Half/Bryan Days of Conquering

Everything was done in MS paint but slowly remaking my game in 3ds max for better visuals.

#2 Patrick Bridge, Jan 30, 2022
  3. Patrick Bridge

PB Collection.jpg A Image of the big box art of my IPs. I plan to sell the big box copies as this is how they would of sold if I was able to release them in 1998-2000. If anything they will be limited of physical copies and digital will be online stores.

#3 Patrick Bridge, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Patrick Bridge

Bar.jpg 3ds Max redone update image of Half/Bryan Days of Conquering.

#4 Patrick Bridge, Feb 2, 2022
  5. Patrick Bridge

Small description of Half/Bryan.

Half/Bryan "HB for short" is about a government agent named Bryan Baneon and works for the Severts. Fighting to try to keep peace on Solalant that the Severts once had full control over but gave back half of the island to the native people. The Solalant natives still want Severt gone. In which creating factions such as Naripe, The Gold Altans and the most threatening, The PB Group. In the early 1900s Solalant was taken over by England's off branch "Severt". This caused many fights which came to a small agreement of giving back half of the island and the other kept to Severt.

Half/Bryan is a game full of background lore and story.
    Here is a video of a beta lets play of the game Half/Bryan 3.
    Half/Bryan 3 lets play Beta 2 - YouTube

6. Patrick Bridge

7. Patrick Bridge

Here is an older version demo of my cartoon game (Lenard's Island). This was all made in MS Paint but will be redone in 3ds max.
    Lenard's Island demo - YouTube
    The game engine I am using for all my IPs is Multimedia Fusion 2. I bought a boxed copy how many years ago and later got the updated version of Fusion 2.5. It is a simple game engine to use and if you like to own a complete game engine without subscriptions, I would recommend.

8. Patrick Bridge

If want to view updates on the Half/Bryan Series you can view it on fb. I am currently helping a friend working on a monster capture game and can view his updates on there as well.
    The Half/Bryan Series | Facebook

If anyone wants tips on how to make a 3D game in a 2D engine you can view it on the same page. In case anyone only wants to stick with or don't have time or resourses to run a full 3D engine.

9. Patrick Bridge

Half/Bryan The Past and Future is a RPG and is slowly being worked on.
    better texture grass.jpg

10. Patrick Bridge

HALF/BRYAN Days of Conquering with the official hud.
    Battle.jpg

11. Patrick Bridge

The HALF/BRYAN Series.
    PAT Games.jpg