Text based game - Virus Universal

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by James Clarke, May 11, 2018.

1. James Clarke

James Clarke New Member

Hello guys and girls, second post from me :)

So I'm currently making my first text based game, been wanting to do a bit of my own game making for a while... I always loved Zork, a simple but classical game, I wanted to create a horror game that can still bring that level of horror without any video cinematic.

Nearly a third of the way through creating the first chapter, would people be interested in testing the first chapter when done?

It may take a while to finish but one of the main things I'm pushing for in my game is to have replay value, every choice you make will have consequences for the entire game, and, there will be many events that are randomised, each play-through could be completely different.

It has taken me nearly a month to get as far as I have due to the coding of all the random events and such, is it worth me carrying on or are text based games a bit dated?