Super creative writer looking for project

Discussion in 'Other Services' started by FordonGreeman, Aug 26, 2015.

1. FordonGreeman

FordonGreeman New Member

Name: Mike
    Qualifications/Skills: Imaginative, witty, British creative working in advertising with competent writing skills and a deep love for both storytelling and video games. Also have half-decent illustration skills should you need them for storyboarding or communicating ideas
    Experience: No actual experience in game writing but constant writer of short stories that never get finished (because I have no deadline or project to work towards!) and have a professional set of storytelling skills that I use every day in my job. No experience in level design but good grasp of game mechanics.
    Favourite Games: Half Life series, Kentucky Route Zero, The Last of Us, Firewatch (I know, it's not out yet, but it looks awesome!), Monkey Island series
    Direct Link(s): Sorry, don't have any examples to show you! But I'm full of ideas and have deep set curiosity for compelling narrative. Give me a strand or gameplay mechanic to work with and I'll be happy to draft something for you as an example!
    Contact Info: Email me at michaelivens at gmail dot com, or hit me up in this thread

What I'm looking for: Open to creating a story from grassroots reality to underground crime to post-apocalyptic landscape to a spooky abandoned camp, or a anything in between! Preferably a dramatic/dark story with humour. I'm just a hard working creative looking for his first ever game project. Being new to game writing but with good first-hand understanding of game mechanics, I need someone who can map out exactly what assets they need made (e.g. story, dialogue, prompt messages, etc.)

What I'm not looking for: Super geeky fantasy: e.g. dragons, medieval knights, hobbits, etc. Otherwise, totally open!

Hit me up! I'm honestly open to anything. Just want to get creating as soon as possible :D

2. mythro

mythro New Member

Would you like to try a sci-fi themed game?