Starting Indie Studio...

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by minthiha, Aug 11, 2012.

1. minthiha

minthiha New Member

Hi everyone,
    I want to start a game studio with my brother. I want to know about the business and how I prepare for business and how to sell my game with portal or with own website. My studio is very small.

2. Nexic

Indie Author

3. minthiha

minthiha New Member

Thanks so much.

4. minthiha

minthiha New Member

Thank you bro, I mean that I want to publish my game at Portal such as Alawar, Bigfish, etc.... What is these procedure should I do, about money transfer, game license and other for prepare.

5. Richard Nunes

Richard Nunes New Member

When you sign up with a big portal like Wild Tangent or Big Fish, they'll dictate all of these terms for you. They will tell you how much you'll make on each sale and tell you how they will send you money (you just give them your bank account number), they tell you exactly what rights you'll have in terms of licensing to other portals.

There is no rush to get all of these things squared away. You'll spend many months on your project and there will be plenty of time to prepare. The best way to prepare is to set aside more money than you think you need, do as much of the work yourself as possible and finish the game no matter how small or simple it is. Portals only care about finished games. Unless your game is done and polished to a high standard, you be given the opportunity to worry about being paid.