sport management/boxing promoter type game database help

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Razor, May 15, 2017.

1. Razor

Razor New Member

Hi All

I hope I have put this in the right place

I have just started exploring game development, mainly because I have had an idea for a sport management/boxing promoter type game running around in my head for some time now.

My question is around databases. Do I need one if so what is recommended and any tutorials?

I have been looking are for some time now for this information and this genre of game doesn’t seem to have many tutorials.

I need to be able to generate and store new caricatures at different points in the game and have the stats go up and down. The user needs to be able to see all the numbers and be able to select the caricatures (e.g. for fight 1, 2, 3 etc).

I plan on using VS (Windows Form) to start with then look at upgrading it to Unity. I will be using C# mainly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help