Spam from Nicholas Longo

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Desktop Gaming, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Anybody heard of this guy? He's e-mailed me five bloody times today.

The first three - all identical - were telling me that he no longer works for Coffee Cup Software as he has resigned. Well, so what? Who the f**k are you anyway?!

Now he's sending more e-mails trying to get me to sign up to his newsletter about "business coaching".

His emails carry no 'unsubscribe' option and the guy is really beginning to irritate me.

Anybody else getting this?

2. Andy

Original Member

Count me in... :(

Nick - if you read this for what ever reason :) - please stop! :)

3. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

Yeah, I'm getting them too. It is irritating, but then I get all kinds of unsolicited e-mails from various individuals and businesses who want to sell me something or other. I marked them as spam, so they don't even show up in my inbox anymore.

Edit: If I remember right, this guy used to be a member of ASP, until disagreements with ASP leaders about the future and direction of ASP drove him to leave and start his own association. He took the ASP membership list with him and spammed ASP members for weeks about his new association and how it was going to be so much better. Those e-mails also contained no "unsubscribe" option. He sure ticked off a lot of people. Guess some folks never change.

#3 GolfHacker, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  4. princec

Indie Author

Yeah, I've been spammed by him too. Tsk tsk.

Cas :)

5. mot

mot
    Indie Author

Haven't received anything.. I feel left out, where do I sign up? Nicholas, are you there?!?

Seriously though.. from time to time I get random enquiries from graphic artists and composers and audio engineers etc. looking for work and I think that's OK. This Nicholas guy seems to be overdoing it a bit but it's easy to filter this kind of spam automatically nowadays. I doubt he's reading this thread...

6. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

I've been done 6 times in about 3 days so I guess he's blown it anyway whatever he's offering. Let me give him a lesson in business/life coaching... 'STOP DOING IT!' ;)

7. Maupin

Original Member

Here I was feeling left out, and when I checked my spam folder there were the messages you guys are talking about. They were sent to my nattocat Gmail address and Gmail knew they were spam from the get-go. ;)

Anyway, add this guy to my list of people to never do business with. Looks like he scraped addresses from gaming websites cause I don't use this address at all, really.

8. Nick Longo

Nick Longo New Member

Sorry

Hi there,

I just wanted to say I was sorry for all the repeat e-mails. I didn't look at my old list of software authors to see how many multiple domain names were on it. My fault.

Nick-

9. princec

Indie Author

At least you actually exist eh?

10. Nick Longo

Nick Longo New Member

Yep

I am real.

Nick-

11. princec

Indie Author

Well, you pass the Turing test so far at any rate :D

12. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

Ah ha!... so not a 'full on' spammer as such then (my previous comments retracted somewhat at this point) tho personally I have no current requirement for your services.

13. Andy

Original Member

How is called mass mailing without permission and any previous subscribtion, plus not giving any option to unsubscribe? :confused:

14. princec

Indie Author

I got the same email to the same address about 6 times too, so that domain explanation doesn't hold much water. Still, hey ho, who cares.

15. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

Whilst I don't condone spam - I guess if it's for real business, then it's more a case of 'if you don't ask - you don't get' in ths world.

I get many enquiries per week (some you could class as spam) but most are genuine business based enquiries so it is sometimes hard to tell what is spam and what is not - thats all really.

Anyway does my face look bothered now? - er no it does not :)

16. Nikster

Original Member

On an extra note has anyone got any from ManuelMarino ? I saw what seems to be one of his massmail hit my hotmail account and wondered how he lifted the addresses as I don't recall signing up with him for anything.

17. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

Actually yes last night also from him and I thought his music not bad at all, so linked up with him via LinkedIn this morning.

18. Nikster

Original Member

Yeah, I've heard is stuff, as he posted on here :) I was just curious where he was harvesting the email addresses.

19. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Personally I think people that send unsolicited e-mails are as bad as door-to-door salesmen/religion peddlers.

I got two e-mails from that Manuel Marino chap - I just deleted them. Of course, if he'd sent me half a dozen of the damn things I would've probably just napalmed him, right here. :D

20. moose6912

moose6912 New Member

Manuel Marino provided some midi tunes for a few mobile games that I did a couple years back, pretty nice tunes too.