SOCOM II U.S. Navy SEALs

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lust, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Lust

Lust New Member

[​IMG]

SOCOM II U.S. Navy SEALs is a third-person tactical shooter for the Playstation 2 gaming system, a sequel to SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs. It was developed by Zipper Interactive in collaboration with the Naval Special Warfare Command and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released on November 4, 2003.The online servers were shut down on August 31, 2012, but we still play via LAN using a program called XLink Kai (see more info at the end of post)

We want SOCOM 2 REMASTERED. It's a shame the direction Sony took with the franchise killed its identity further with each release after SOCOM 2 and then wondered what went wrong after completely butchering the series. We have been recognized, we have been heard and we have made our presence felt. As a hardcore diehard SOCOM fan, alike an incalculable amount; I'm simply helping the movement by spreading the word and all I'm asking of you is to do the same. Why not a proper game revival that remasters SOCOM 2 and picks up the title where it was most popular and in its peak form?

The SOCOM franchise on the Playstation 2 has sold over 10 million units worldwide, it was because of this that originally started socombattles.com which eventually morphed into gamebattles and MLG. SOCOM was SONY's flagship multiplayer experience on the PS2 that garnered a cult following of dedicated players who still discuss and play the game today. You can't beat that or take it away, it brings an experience that no other multiplayer shooter brings to date. The features that have made this game special have not been replicated since.

1. Fast paced tactical combat
    2. Full fledged clan support
    3. Dedicated servers
    4. Percentage based ranking systems

That's not even the tip of the iceberg, there's many, many more...

SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs averaged over 373,000+ online player hours per day. The total SOCOM II player hours are over 94 million or 10,835 years of straight gameplay. It was pointed out that as a daily average, more than 103,000 unique SOCOM II online accounts logged in. We had over 5,000+ supporters on our petition and we won the #20YearsofPlay Playstation 2 category for best game of the generation at 24.74%

I think I'm just going to stop right there...

We still play SOCOM 2 online through a lan tunneling program called XLink Kai https://www.teamxlink.co.uk This is what we do in the meantime while waiting for everything to be set in place. Please, spread the word and share this cause with your friends, family and fellow SOCOM buddies to bring more awareness to this worldwide success. Even if you are a gamer and have never played, this is a third person shooter you wont want to miss out on!

Our XLink Facebook Group:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/socomxlink

XLink Setup Guide (Text Version)
    http://community.therealsocom.com/forums/socom-on-xlink-for-the-ps2.36/

XLink Setup Guide (Video Version)

See you soon! :)