Slay game rules source?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Pyabo, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Pyabo

Original Member

So, after seeing the game Slay mentioned over and over again here I decided to finally check it out myself. Very glad I did, it's a nifty little game!

Just one question... Where did Sean pinch the game rules from? His other games are inspirations or clones (at least for the most part), but what about Slay? It could certainly be original... if so, Sean deserves a big pat on the back. The gameplay mechanics are nothing short of brilliant... extremely simple, but with great depth.

2. GBGames

Indie Author

3. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I believe in a few emails I shared with him that we discussed that and that the slay rules were more or less original.

4. stay

Original Member

5. Pyabo

Original Member

I posted a message on Sean's forums and he replied saying that the rules were original. So..... yup.