Sailor Moon dating simulator game series

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Anton-P, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Anton-P

Anton-P New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Sailor Moon Dating Simulator" is a fan-made video game based on the popular Sailor Moon anime and manga series. The goal of the game is to win love of girls (Hotaru Tomoe, Usagi Tsukino, Minako Aino) by asking them out on dates, giving gifts or playing mini-games.
    The series includes three games, each one centered on dating one of girls from the Sailor Moon anime. These games can be downloaded for free here:

http://sailorvgame.org/mg/smds/smds_saturn.htm
    http://sailorvgame.org/mg/smds/smds_maid.htm
    http://sailorvgame.org/mg/smds/smds3.htm

Comments are welcome.

2. Sol_HSA

Indie Author

Any mail from tokyopop lawyers yet?

3. Matt2East

Original Member

The stills look great, but I don't see how this could be considered fair use of copyright.

4. Anton-P

Anton-P New Member

Tokyopop and all other USA companies have lost copyrights to Sailor Moon long time ago.

It's not a commercial game, it's a fan game, so it's not bigger violation of copyrights than making a Sailor Moon AMV, writing a Sailor Moon fanfic, or drawing a piece of fanart. Most companies (Toei among other ones) never take any measures against fan creations, as long as they are not used for making profit, and this game series is not for profit, it's completely freeware.

5. Matt2East

Original Member

From what I know about IP law, technically it could be considered copyright infringement, but the chances that the copyright holders will take notice or enforce may be unlikely. There are tons of derivative games all over the portals.

So this is a "just for fun" hobbyist game? What are you going to do next? (I'm an anime geek btw.) ^__^

6. KNau

Original Member

What button do I press to violate her with my alien tentacles? :)