Runes of Avalon 2 for Mac released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Roman Budzowski, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

Hi
    The day has come: we released Runes of Avalon 2 for Mac.

Enjoy & let me know how it works for you.

[​IMG]

Download Runes of Avalon 2 for Mac
    Read more about the game

cheers
    Roman

2. barrygamer

Original Member

Nice, slick. Seems more playable + better levels than the first one? (though I can't recall all the changes).

Mac Mini intel 1.5Ghz, 512 MB, OS 10.4.8

BTW, the demo crashes for me after I reach the first large marker on the map (after the level with the green 4x4 tile). It crashes every time I reload the profile. The full error report is long, but the start is this:

Command: roa2-demo-uni
    Path: /Users/Barry/Desktop/Runes of Avalon 2 demo.app/Contents/MacOS/roa2-demo-uni
    Parent: WindowServer [58]

Version: ??? (???)

PID: 2734
    Thread: 0

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
    Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000034

Thread 0 Crashed:
    0 roa2-demo-uni 0x000b9ba8 brl_max2d_DrawImage + 71
    1 roa2-demo-uni 0x0005935d _bb_TPuzzleButton_DrawOnOut + 197
    2 roa2-demo-uni 0x000594fe 20409 + 18

I downloaded the demo yesterday, or the day before.

3. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

Thank you very much for reporting this. We fixed this issue.

Indeed, RoA 2 is more playable than RoA 1. Actually, my opinion is that RoA 1 is a great example of how you can ruin your hard work with bad level design.

best greetings
    Roman

4. barrygamer

Original Member

got new version, seems fixed.

But, I've just noticed that clicking on 'Gallery' in the main menu dumps me to the desktop (via either version I downloaded), without even a crash report. Have tested after deleting profile in prefs folder. not sure if this is some new issue.
    EDIT, in windowed mode I see message "nie monzna zaladowac obrazka: gfx/fonts/galeria_03.png". The file appears to exist though.

#4 barrygamer, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  5. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Good luck with this. I agree that this is lots better than the first one (but the first one did get lots of things right).