Roll - Browser based web game

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BinaryMoon, Oct 23, 2007.

1. BinaryMoon

Indie Author

Earlier this month I released my first browser based game called Roll.

The objective was to try and increase the visitors to my site, and to earn more advertising money. Hopefully getting a few more sales for the download games in the process.

You can play the game here - http://www.binarysun.co.uk/online-games/roll/

FWIW I intend to add a mute button soon

Feedback would be great, as would mentions on blogs and whatnot :)

2. elias4444

elias4444 New Member

I only had time to play a few levels, but I really liked it. Great puzzle game! And like you already said, a mute button would be nice if you're going to be putting it on your website. :D

3. Maupin

Original Member

Nice game. I had the sound turned off on my PC so I didn't hear it, but enjoyed the first 4 or 5 levels. (Until I fell into the pit I was supposed to be pushing the red marbles into. ;) I like the growing triangle power indicator on the yellow marble. Simple but effective.

I'm currently making a web game to try and improve traffic to a site, so I'd be really interested to see how it works out for you!

4. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I got to level 16 (i think - the round maze one) pretty quickly but I just got frustrated with it. Although I think it might have been something to do with the fact that I was sick of the music by that point as well. ;)

5. AnthemAudio

Original Member

Not sick of the music...didn't like the compression on it though.

I too got to the all circles level...got really frustrated to the point of smashing my monitor...then I beat it. Yay! So another few levels and I'm chugging along and ANOTHER level with circles but this time with ice strips?!?

That was my limit of frustration.

Other than that...lots of fun. Too bad it ceilinged out for me.

Easy enough to just cycle music though, right? Get a few more tracks and play one per set of ten levels or something? That'd do it.

6. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

The one I was talking about is after that!

The ice one is pretty easy if you don't try to rush. Also might be worth mentioning that you don't have to wait for the ball to stop before applying more force. Much easier to control once you figure that out.

7. papillon

Indie Author

I got past that but I was so *frustrated* from banging those darn things around in the round maze that I couldn't slow down and stop popping myself in the spiky ice maze. :)

8. BinaryMoon

Indie Author

The first circle maze is really easy if you take it nice and slow. The ice one is a bit more frustrating.

There are only 20 levels (it's a free web game :) ) and most people seem to be able to complete it fairly easily... ish