[Rev-Share] Looking for 2D Pixel Artist(s) and composer(s)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by JohnaRabble, Nov 22, 2016.

1. JohnaRabble

JohnaRabble New Member

My name's Johnathyn Coor and I'm a programmer with lots of awesome ideas for video games such as: an open-world stealth-killing game, a comedy game (with oranges), a game based on the book of Revelations in the Bible, and a post-apocalyptic stealth-based open-world RPG (how unique!). The best part is, they're all connected! However, I need help with the art and animations since my art sucks s***. I also need somebody that's interested in making music or sound effects for the game. If you're new to making video games, then you're more than welcome to help me out since we're both on the same boat.

I'd like to work on the first idea I mentioned since I've already started work on it. But I want you to know that these games aren't going to be small free games that you'd find on Newgrounds. They're full length games, big projects. They'll take a while to make (my deadline is 3 years), but you can't very easily make money off of a game that takes 2 months to build.

I don't have the money to pay everybody right now, but you'll get your fair share when the game is done if you do your part. I promise you that, and I don't hand out promises loosely.

Comment or send me a PM with your contact info if you're interested in getting started and/or if you've got any questions beforehand.

#1 JohnaRabble, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Jamail Chachere

Jamail Chachere New Member

Hi, I'm a composer and this seems like a pretty cool opportunity! Especially RPGs. I love RPGs. But I must ask, are these projects just ideas or are they already being worked on? Here are examples of my work:

#2 Jamail Chachere, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    JohnaRabble likes this.
  3. JohnaRabble

JohnaRabble New Member

Thanks for your interest in my project. I have started work on it, but I've only just started a week ago. Very early stages right now. I've only listened to the Hyper Light Drifter album, haven't played it yet, but your music sounds like it fits in really well.

The game that I have started work on is the "open-world stealth-killing game," but this game is set in the 50s in an urban area. You're a murderer that needs to kill as many people as possible without being detected/killed by the cops. The game will be fast-paced with runs that should last around an hour if you're good (kind of like The Binding of Isaac in that sense) as the cops will always eventually find and kill you. Or maybe I could add secret endings for each character. The idea has a lot more depth, but it would take forever to type everything here and I don't want anybody stealing my idea before I'm done.

If you could make good stealth/horror ambience or 50s style upbeat ambience, that would be perfect. Or maybe I should wait a while longer before looking for a composer. If you're interested in the idea but want to wait until the project is a bit further on, I could contact you whenever it's ready for music or you could start working now on music that you think would fit the game. I can give you more info if you decide that you want to help.

4. Jamail Chachere

Jamail Chachere New Member

I would still be interested in this project later on. As for now I believe you project is too early in it's stages. The best time to contact a composer is when most of the coding is done and there's a good amount of animations. Without those there's not much any composer could do other than guess :/