[REV-SHARE] 2D Unity Programmer & Artist | Turn Based Game

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Tarask, May 21, 2017.

1. Tarask

Tarask New Member

Hello everyone,

This is goind a big wall of text. I'm serious with this offer so I hope you guys will understand. But, if you really don't have time for this, there is a TL;DR at the end.

Who are you?

Me? I'm Renaud, 30 y/o IT admin, gaming enthusiast for 26 years now. I have been passionate with game design and rules building. In college, I've do some self-made board games and RPG system for me and my friends when I couldn’t find what I wanted. But, to be honest, my crafting skills are way better than my coding skills.

Why are you here?

Like I've said, I love gaming and game design. For years, I've been working on several prototypes on my own, but they are all buggy, unplayable, etc. Not the fault of the design, but the code behind it. I understand things, I do coding in my work, but it's way more specific (and it's in powershell). In there, you don't build grids, AI, pathfinding, etc... That's why, after years of doing this as a hobby, unable to focus on what I like (design), I've chose to seek for partners and do the road together.

But what are you building?

Ok, I don’t want to go too deep in details. Firstly, because I can’t stop speaking about it and secondly, to keep a bit of mystery. But what I can say is:

The project is a Turn based strategy game, set in a Medieval Fantasy world that start its conversion towards steam technology. There is dragons, orcs, mage throwing fireballs, I think you get it.

The game system resolve around guiding a party of adventurers through a journey against strategic boss fights. All of this using a WEGO turn system. That’s mean you set up your strategy in a pause mode and when you click the end turn button, everything happens at the same time, your orders AND the enemy orders. You can’t change your strategy in between those “planning” phase. So, it’s up to you to do the right choice to get victory over your foes.

You must manage the party of course, loots, class, and suffer random events that will force you to review your strategy to counter the effect of morale, and… stuff.

There is a lot more than just that, but if you want to know more about it, you need to join the team!

Ok, what do you need?

If you have read everything, you may have noticed that, I’m not starting from scratch in terms of design, this is something I’ve spends a lot of time working. Using boardgame, dice and random generators to try out since I can’t code with efficiency. But, in terms of program and art, I’ve nothing…

So, I want to start up a team. Not just a random Collab, a real team. But to do this properly, I need someone who can code on a 2D Engine and a 2D Artist. With those two lads or guys, we will start as any hobby, building a working demo of 1 “tutorial” chapter of the game. If the demo seems good for us and our friends and family, we will ask ourselves if the game deserve a release, and so, much work.

What do you offer to your teammates?

If the game deserves a release, we will try the crowdfunding adventure to start up a real thing OR, if the team thinks it’s not necessary, we will keep it hobby, but we will finish the game and go for sales. The revenues would be shared the same between everyone, no one must get a BETTER paycheck because without any member, the game can’t be a real thing. I can’t assure you revenues though… It’s a bet. That’s why I propose to start hobby, see if we can work together as a team and if you like the project as much as I like it.

But, what I offer in this project is “put your soul in it”. If the artist or the programmer have an idea or want to influence the game to meet their likes better, I’m totally open. This is not a one-man project; this is a team effort.

I’m a programmer, can I join?

I would like a programmer able to work within Unity 2D, but if you know and CAN do 2D turn based from scratch, well, welcome aboard too.

I’m speaking English and French, so you can join in if you speak either.

Love for Turn based and med-fan universe is a plus.

Big plus if you are an actual or old MMO player, that may help.

I have random scheduled, so I can be up at the same time as you, either you live in Asia / EU / NA or anywhere else around the world. Of course, you need to be able to work remotely.

You think you have what it takes? Great, check bottom of this topic to see how to contact me.

I’m a 2D Artist, can I join?

Just: YES. I know that many of you would have stop read when I said that I had no cash to give you right off, but if you as an artist, think “this dude’s project seems cool, let check it”, you do me a big favor! As the Artist on the project, you will have a lot of freedom around the art style. Want to go pixel art? Go. Want to do anything else? Open to you.

Of course, if, when you contact me, you show me some of your artwork to see if our universe can match, that would be a big plus. No need to have a 20 years’ experience as lead artist, etc. Newbie welcomes.

How do I contact you?

You may contact me over Discord: Tarask#0625
    Or by e-mail: renaud.meert[at]gmail.com
    Or leave me a contact here.

I do have skype and other things, but I don’t have much reason to connect to those. But if it’s needed to find you, you will see me online 24/7

Any last words?

Thank you for reading this. I see this more like a “bottle in the sea”. Hoping that future teammates would respond. I have in my heart this project and I will try everything to take it to the next level.

TL; DR: Game design passionate, sucks at coding, want to build a team with a programmer and an artist to bring life into a project of a turn-base strategy game.