Retro Racing - FREE for a bit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jamie W, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Jamie W

Original Member Indie Author

#1 Jamie W, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Columbo

Columbo New Member

Bought this ages ago - really a great game. Kudos.

3. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Bought it too. How long are you planning to make it free. It looks like the optimal time is between 5 to 7 days.

JC

4. Jamie W

Original Member Indie Author

Thanks chaps. Yep, was going to go for a full week, my intent (hope) was to use it to give Qwak HD a helping hand on launch (you'll notice the in-app news). Getting mega loads of downloads, but it's not really helping Qwak HD at all.

Real miffed (puzzled), Qwak HD, to my mind is great, and the trailer looks great (through my eyes), yet sales have been super-dissapointing. I'm thinking perhaps the game is just to fast paced and hectic, and people can't tell what's going on, and that puts them off. Dunno. I'm not down about it at all, just puzzled.

Coming to the conclusion that certain game types work better than others, Retro Racing was *WAY* more successful. Maybe that's down to it being more simple, and accessible (easy to understand and get in to).

So yeah, may go for about 4 days. Will be interesting to see what effect the experiment has on sales when I switch it back to paid...