[RELEASE] Hero's Path Games, A Web-Portal for Heroic Games Grows Tenfold

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Promaginy, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Promaginy

Original Member

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Cellular: 204-798-7523

HERO'S PATH GAMES, A WEB-PORTAL FOR HEROIC GAMES GROWS TENFOLD

October 13, 2007 - Promaginy is pleased to announce that Hero's Path Games has reached a new milestone of 60 games, expanding tenfold from the six games it started with in November 2006. Utilizing the revolutionary Reflexive Entertainment GameCentreSolution (tm), fifteen high quality downloadable computer games are available for sale. These new games continue to capture the spirit of the hero's path. Players can now find classic heroic games like Crimson Tide to recently released games like The Dark Legions and Grimm's Hatchery All games are freely downloadable so that customers can try before they buy.

Players will find Action & Tactical games in the first Stage of the Hero's Path: Call to Action. All heroes are spurred into action because they are forced to. These games force the Hero to think fast and to act smart.

Adventure & Roleplaying games are found in second Stage of the Hero's Path: A Heroic Journey. Following the elimination of the threat, the Hero must set out on a dangerous and exciting journey to discover himself and the surrounding world around him.

Strategy & 4X games are found in third Stage of the Hero's Path: Return as Ruler. Knowing who he is and what dangers lurk in the surround lands, the Hero returns to his home and begins his reign as ruler of the kingdom.

Promaginy is an IP and game production company which will release its first browser based game in 2008. For further information, contact Chris Billows at 204-798-7523.

2. TimS

Original Member

I see you still haven't found an artist... :cool:

Congrats on the... taking the time to... include a bunch of reflexive's library... on your site?

Sorry I'm a bit confused about the announcement!

:confused:

-Tim

3. ChrisP

Indie Author

To be fair, not all the games on the site are Reflexive ones as the press release seems to imply. He's affiliating Mayhem Intergalactic, for example, which is not on any portal.

True, it's not the most revolutionary thing ever, and maybe the press release could have been worded better. Just as long as we're being constructive in our criticism. :)

#3 ChrisP, Oct 14, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  4. Promaginy

Original Member

If you don't see anything to like about the announcement then just ignore it. Your snide comments are not appreciated. You can feign confusion, but you're just being a twit.

5. TimS

Original Member

You're right -- I was pretty much being a snarky twit there.

It was uncalled for and I am sorry. I think it was some leftover commentary flowing from past threads about your portal seeping in, and I meant it more as a light-hearted poke bringing back the questions discussed in the past than anything serious.

Your announcement was not posted as a feedback request, so I should not have assumed any was welcome... especially in a familiar form as one might jab at a sibling, since we are not buds or all that familiar with one another.

In an older thread I wished you luck in carving your niche, and it seems you are moving along in that direction -- you HAVE grown a portal site to 60 games, which isn't easy to do in ANY case.

-Tim

6. Promaginy

Original Member

It takes guts to admit that - thank you and apology accepted. :)

Just a further point that this press release is not really aimed at the Indiegamer forum. As developers and marketers we know that it is pretty easy to add games via Reflexive's affiliate system, but for the majority of the gamers, they do not. That's why I mentioned by name the GameCentreSolution. I am not going to take complete credit since Reflexive makes it so darn easy. :eek:

The intention of sharing it with this forum is that past releases has created some relationships with those developers who have a game relating to Hero's Path subject. It lets developers know that there is an active and growing 'portal' site out there catering to their market.