[RELEASE] Graduate Games Releases Storked!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GnadeGames, Oct 11, 2007.

1. GnadeGames

Original Member

First, I want to give a special thanks to Qitsune Studios (who I found on this very forum) for doing all the fantastic cartoon graphics. That being said, Storked is a puzzle / platform game where you control four different penguins in their quest to protect an egg. With easy to learn controls, infinite lives, a rewind button, and quick restarts, Storked is a great game for every one of all ages.

Gamepage: www.storkedgame.com (learn more)

Screenshots:
    1 2 3 4 5

DEMO DOWNLOAD: Here

2. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Did you want feedback or are you just letting people know?

[edit]

I guess I'll just post a few comments since nobody else has. I'm working on a game of very similar nature so feel free to ignore my comments completely/put them down to sour grapes. :D

I must be honest and tell you that I didn't bother playing for more than a couple of minutes. After a few minutes of walk... kick...walk...kick...walk...kick...yawn...walk...kick... I got really fed up very quickly, to the point that I jumped off a ledge sans-egg to see what happened. Then I couldn't work out how to get back up. I couldn't find a map so I was never really sure where the exit was. I did find an igloo, though.

I'm not sure if the damage meter is broken? I kicked the egg of a good few platforms and it still showed 0% damage. It it, like, hard boiled or what??!

Game doesn't look too bad, but the graphics are slightly amateurish.The sprites/platforms/background graphics don't gel together very well. I think that's maybe down to the black outlines around the sprites.

But my biggest gripe with this game was that it forces me to visit your website when I exit the game, AND when I uninstalled the demo. I really like to be given the option of visiting websites. I also had a quite major problem with the front-end. You should have really incorporated some kind of mouse-over effect, since it wasn't immediately apparent (to me) which bits I could click on and which I could not.

On a more positive note, it does work in Vista. :)

#2 Desktop Gaming, Oct 12, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  3. Maupin

Original Member

What is it with developers making your web browser visit their site when you uninstall a game? :mad: Just on principle, no game that does that will ever get my money.

No offense to Qitsune Studios, but I found the artwork amateurish and MS Paint-ish... the characters were animated well, but the general presentation was kind of cheap. The background screens looked good but don't match the foreground.

I had the same reaction as Desktop Gaming. Kicking the egg along is boring. Very boring. And when I held down the shift key for as long as possible, I expected the egg to fly across the screen... but it didn't go too far. I had to force myself to finish the first level after kicking the egg down in the pit with the igloo. Restarting meant more boring kicking. (Maybe using the down arrow key to kick would be better than shift.)

At the beginning of the second level, I couldn't figure out how to throw snowballs to activate the switch so I quit.

4. lakibuk

Indie Author

I just beat all levels of the demo. There's a lot to be said about this game...