Programer wanted!

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Pixo_, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Pixo_

Pixo_ New Member

I want to make a game, however I don't have knowledge to do so. What I have is skill to do pixel art, so if you are interested, plz tell me:)

ixiegaming likes this.
  2. pepedeclercq

pepedeclercq New Member

Just pixelart and a programmer won't be enough. What type of game are you planning on? I can't fulfill the position of a programmer, but I am practicing on doing chiptune music and 8-bit sound development. could you explain a bit more of what your game will be?

3. Pixo_

Pixo_ New Member

Hello,
    First, thanks for the reply! I have in mind a pixelated dungeon looting game, old school but with cool new features ( aka just retro stile). But actually, I just want to make a team that will work together to make a game, so we can all choose which game to create (if you dislike this idea). Having you will certainly be a big help, so fell free to join:)
    I don't promise anything, but if the game is cool and good enough, it would be set on market

jevy1000 likes this.
  4. pepedeclercq

pepedeclercq New Member

If I could find the time, I might consider it :p The thing is, I am working on my own project too, and that certainly has priority. Just keep in mind that if the need is high, I might be able to do some simple sounds for you. Cheers!

Also, is there anything you can show me in terms of pixel art?

jevy1000 likes this.
  5. Pixo_

Pixo_ New Member

Hehe, as well if you need any pixelart help, I would gladly help. Need isn't really high, but I want to make the idea real someday. If you need help, again, I'm here:) I'm willing to join your team, as I said, I'm not trying to be some kind of boss or something, just a helpful fella. What pixelart would you like to see? Maybe something related to your game theme?

jevy1000 likes this.
  6. pepedeclercq

pepedeclercq New Member

Well, since my game is going to be 3-Dimensional, I don't think pixel art is relevant until stated otherwise. On the other hand, I am really interested in what you can do, since 2-Dimensional games can be quite intriguing as well. Maybe you could do the MC of my game, Adam? Here's his first draft made using an online generator. The actual art is still in development...

Howell_1.png

That's Adam, the Main Character. His full outfit consists out of a black leather jacket, a red shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans and a pair of black sneakers.

Just go ahead and try doing a simplified Adam, just to train your skill :p

7. Pixo_

Pixo_ New Member

Ok, will do:)

8. pepedeclercq

pepedeclercq New Member

After taking everything in consideration, I would be interested in helping you with this game. I have a few ideas I would like to discuss with you, so if you are still interested, feel free to contact me on Skype: pepepost15

Lookin' forward to hearin' from ya!

9. jevy1000

jevy1000 New Member

hey! sign me up, i'm relatively ok at scripting games with game maker 8 and game maker studio 1.4 and the practice will be good for plus i to team up with more artist..

10. jevy1000

jevy1000 New Member

me at work

Attached Files:

• fp.PNG
      fp.PNG
      File size:
      31.8 KB
      Views:
  11. jevy1000

jevy1000 New Member

this is a rpg that i'm working on

Attached Files:

12. Pixo_

Pixo_ New Member

All right! Thanks for reply and showing intrest in this. I would be glad to have you in my team. Is there a way we can be in contact for work like Skype? If so , please tell me you username or whatever you are using.