Profit Sharing - Looking for ART an UI design for a Roman RTS

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by DaanMoerkens, Sep 18, 2020.

1. DaanMoerkens

DaanMoerkens New Member

Hey all!

I am looking for someone, or multiple people to share in an adventure that I am arranging. I am building a RTS game and need art and design. All is covered except the way it looks, and that’s where you might come in.

I am not a big developer, in fact, I’m a music composer who’d call this a very escalated hobby; a passion project if you will. I’ll keep it brief, at the bottom of the message I’ve got 2 links for art references, what I’m looking for, etc:

Practical info about the game:

It’s a real time historical (though not completely accurate) strategy game set in the Roman Empire (say 250AD). The game does not have fancy animations and such and will rely on artwork and the player’s imagination, as we do with reading a book.

The player will be given the role of “Legatus Legionis” in Britannia, where he or she carries all the responsibilities of the 20th legion. This includes resource management, troop placement, morale etc.

What I am looking for:

Someone who makes visual representations of different settings in an art style where we both feel inspired and comfortable. Affinity with the historic setting is not a must, but I do feel it’s good to feel comfortable in it and enjoy it.

You will be in charge of making and delivering art and/or UI design. If you are only interested in one of those feel free to contact me anyway, and we’ll see if we can get 2 people in the dept.

When it comes to skill level; for me this is not that relevant. Yes, the work must be of certain quality but we have room for development.

Planning and schedule:

The game (after 2 years) is well on it’s way when it comes to it’s mechanics, code, implementation, music and sounddesign, though more work is needed. Right now I’m getting into the fase where I want to start implementing art and UI design.

When it comes to the release of the game; this isn’t set in concrete yet and will be decided once the art dept. Is up and running (though I have been aiming for May 2021, but we’ll talk about that).

Payment:

This is a joint venture, a partnership, meaning that once the game releases you’ll get a fixed % of the game’s net profit that we’ll agree upon at the start of the endeavour. Everybody’s work needs fair compensation.

Notes:

I realise that this message is not enough info when it comes to the detailed what’s and why’s of the game, but I hope it’s enough to go on for now. Once we get in touch I’ll fill you in on all the little devil details you’d like to know, and you can even have your input if you think something could be improved.

ART REFERENCES

To give you a bit of an idea when it comes to what I’m looking for visually; here’s some examples.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pPtz1YQZtPlz9Ni_8keCyhMv9Z4d8zZr?usp=sharing

Music

To give the game a bit of heart and soul I’ve written the first parts of the music composition and implemented some design. You can listen to it here:

CONTACT

I hope you are interested! If you are, please contact me by email at DaanMoerkens@gmail.com. It’d be great if you send some work you did so I can get a glimpse of what you do and who you are, and then the next best thing is to schedule a something like a Skype session and see if we click!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Regards,

Daan Moerkens

2. Amalia Cioffi

Amalia Cioffi New Member

Hi there!

I am a Concept Artist/ Illustrator with some UI design experience and would like to offer my services if you are still looking for someone to be an Artist for your game. I love the feel of your game already and would be excited to be a part of the team that makes it. I have experience not only in team-oriented environments, but this past year has also taught me how to work remotely. I do live in Scotland, however, do not think this will be a problem as I am extremely good at maintaining consistent communication and working through a variety of software.

I have attached my CV and you will find my portfolio link below!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Many Thanks

Amalia Cioffi

https://amicart.carbonmade.com/

Attached Files:

3. DaanMoerkens

DaanMoerkens New Member

The position is still open, Amalia unfortunately didn't (or couldn't) respond back after sending the initial message.

So hope there's somebody up for an adventure!

4. Peter suars

Peter suars New Member

Very interesting project. straight forward, a need it some RTS out there, If you need a backup composer ( probably your will more busy later on running the team) I am here to help.

SOUDNTRACK

Electronic

Best
    Peter

5. DaanMoerkens

DaanMoerkens New Member

Hey Peter!

I might, sounds good! I'm terribly busy at the moment with all kinds of games, but should the need arise I'll definitely consider it (for other games as well)!