Posting images to facebook from a win32 C program

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by lennard, Aug 7, 2011.

1. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Anybody have any experience with this? It would be really helpful if my users could post their Dungeon Demon maps to Facebook for sharing with their friends. I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it but I'd also like some easy way to get Dungeon Demon images on to the cloud so that they can be viewed on a users iPad.

2. zoombapup

Moderator Original Member

Facebooks api is relatively simple. I'd be surprised if there wasnt a bunch of C or C++ libraries for the API by now. If not, it should be simple enough to post using something like libcurl.

3. wazoo

Original Member

Given how often the FB API changes, I would strongly suggest creating a proxy web service / page to handle this request for you (unless you already are and just didn't mention it. :p )

Plus, with a proxy you should be able to take advantage of the G+ Game API when they finally publish it..

hth,

4. jpoag

jpoag New Member

5. jpoag

jpoag New Member

Also, if you don't mind adding 40 megs to your build, you could use berklium.

6. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

The Facebook API allows you to upload but you need to know an AID (album ID) and UID (user ID). I would think the simplest way would be to upload the image to a space on your webserver and then fire up a standard sharing URL in the browser that points to the URL of the image you just uploaded.

7. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

8. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

9. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Thanks Tim, for a niche market tool with a laundry list of items that I would like to add over time... this may really be the ticket.