Portal Inspired Game

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by PixelFormedStudios, Nov 3, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PixelFormedStudios

PixelFormedStudios New Member

Hello everyone!

Me and a small team of developers have recently started development on a project inspired by the well designed atmospheric puzzles of the Portal franchise. The game will mainly by 2-Dimensional with small aspects of first person scenes and puzzles. The main mechanic of the game is allowing invisible platforms to appear and levels to change by the player selecting one of three dimensions to enter. Many threats have already been implemented, varying from turrets of different kinds, lasers and experimentation with AI.

Our questions to you are:
    - What would you expect from a puzzle Platformer?

- How long would you think would be appropriate as an average game completion time?

- What kind of elements (enemy's, generic objects, game mechanics) would you like to see in the game?

#1 PixelFormedStudios, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  2. Rize of the Summonds

Seems like I've seen this before in other games already. Try to think of new, unique ideas. Also, I don't see the resemblance to Portal. Portal was an incredible game, and I'm glad you're getting inspired by it. I believe you can come up with better mechanics, just like Portal has done.

3. PixelFormedStudios

PixelFormedStudios New Member

Thank you for the support. We understand what you are saying. The main goal was to take the feeling of being forced to complete various puzzles under tested conditions from Portal, and apply it to a 2D and isometric environment. Like you said, we are only using Portal as an inspiration, not necessarily as a concept.

Rize of the Summonds likes this.