PEGI ratings to become mandatory in the UK

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Adrian Lopez, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Adrian Lopez

Original Member

I don't know what this means for Indie developers who sell games online, but it looks like enforcement of PEGI ratings will soon become mandatory for UK retailers.

2. Adrian Lopez

Original Member

3. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

iirc it doesn't cost much/anything but the logjam is going to be a nightmare. And of course it may well end up costing a lot when it's a requirement. I mean, we now have a "pasty" tax.

Also, government type institutions can't organise a piss up in a brewery and the entire process will be inordinately longwinded and full of mistakes and incorrect verdicts. New ideas and processes don't go down well with the kind of people in these kind of jobs ime.

It don't get much worse than this if it becomes law.

4. Horrors

Horrors New Member

nothing else

nothing else needs