Payment Providers for online games

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Fritz1, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Fritz1

Fritz1 New Member

Hi!

I have developed an online game (for any browser) where users can transfer money into their account.

Can anyone recommend a reliable payment provider for online games?

I was testing Stripe and GoCardless, but they do not allow accounts set up for online games.

Any help is much appreciated!

#1 Fritz1, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  2. gamblingtec.com

gamblingtec.com New Member

Hi Fritz1,

Perhaps you can describe your game in better detail?

If you have a company and a revenue estimate there are a number of high-risk processors who will work with you. You will end up paying through your nose in fees, however, that is part of the game.

We work with online gambling games and the PSPs most friendly are Skrill and NETeller. You may have some luck with them.

If you can explain what your game does, I may be able to point you in a good direction.

3. Fritz1

Fritz1 New Member

Thank you for your answer.
    It is a platform for skill games. Users would deposit money which in turn is credited to their account.
    Our government approved the project, explicitly stating that it is not gambling and therefore legal without special permit.
    If you are interested, the URL is https://QuizTime.live - we are currently looking for beta testers and translators.

4. gamblingtec.com

Your games look like they could be a lot of fun and I would like to encourage you to continue building and innovating.

In terms of regulations, this is fast changing. Malta, for instance, has classified games of skill and issues licensing for them. The same will happen in your jurisdiction. The reason for licensing is generally to ensure fairness, security, vetting the people involved etc. Have a read of Malta controlled skill game regulations to get an idea of what is covered.

Where you will struggle is obtaining payment solutions and convincing PSPs that you do not need some form of license. Even if you do get a solution, if regulations change, you will find yourself cut off at the knees pretty quickly.

Good luck!

5. Fritz1

Fritz1 New Member

Thank you for your encourgement!

6. gamblingtec.com

Just to give you some more information. I had a chat with our PSP today (Payment Service Provider) with regards to Skill Games coded games (7994) and what they said was when you look for a card processor, you will need to convince them that the product is not gaming.

I also had a look at Curacao legislation and their gaming license includes skill-based games.

So what this means is that if you did opt for a license, you would be able to use that to obtain payments which would then be 7994 coded which gives you better reach. Gambling payments are coded 7995 and quite a few banks automatically decline these sorts of payments.

If you do not have much luck, feel free to PM me.