[PAID] Hiring programmer(s), graphic artist, and musician/sound engineer

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by m.attams, Nov 10, 2014.

1. m.attams

m.attams New Member

Hello everyone, my name is M. Attams and I'll start off by saying that I am developing a game (obviously). The game will be for PC, preferably run in an internet browser but download is fine as well. The game will be a fighting game from top-down perspective, consisting of real-time battling. The game will likely be a long-term project.

Gameplay: Each character has 9 possible attacks. 3 are chosen before the match starts, and you use these three. Some attacks do damage but instead some have other beneficial effects. As the players battle, each player has an energy bar. This goes down for every action- moving, jumping, dodging/defending, and of course attacking. But it goes down way more if you get hit. Once a player's energy runs out, they turn vulnerable- a state where they blink red and can only move around slowly. If they get hit in this phase, they lose a life. The first player to lose three lives is the loser of the match, with the other player declared a winner.

I plan for the game to have a Story mode, where each character battles certain characters in a certain order, and it tells a short story along the way. A big element of the game should be online multiplayer, where you can find others to battle or battle your friends. If future time and funds allows for it, it would also be cool to add a Dungeon mode, where characters fight enemies through a dungeon and survive until they die, and a Puzzle mode, where they use characters to solve various puzzles. Other ideas aren't off limits as well.

I'd also like the game to have custom content for a paid fee. Players can pay to submit a custom character form and have a character (with limitations, of course) or fighting arena programmed into the game. If the game expands enough, more online features would be available over time.

Graphics: Since the game will be top-down, I was thinking something along the line of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past graphics, but funds allowing, graphics can be upgraded to something a bit more modern.

Payment: I prefer to pay weekly, either at the beginning or end of each week. If you want to use some sort of hour clock, that is fine too. I don't like large up-front payments. The price of this game will be discussed.

Who I'm looking for: I'm looking for programmers, graphics artists, and musicians/sounds people. Voice acting may come at a later date. I'm mainly focuing on programmers and artists. If you are more than one of those things, that's good too. In terms of programmers, please come to me with your preferred engine. With artists, I'm also looking for not just in-game graphics but promotional artwork for the game. With music, I'm not too picky on the type of music. It can be old school game music or more modern or even popular music, as long as it's original.

Please send me a message on here or email hgattams [at] usa [dot] com if interested in the project. We can discuss ideas and payment. Thank you for reading this.

2. ah-tan

ah-tan New Member

3. bdusseau1988

bdusseau1988 New Member

4. infinitedreams84

infinitedreams84 New Member

Hey there! I grew up playing battle games and have always been a big fan of them - your concept sounds intriguing and I'd love to write some compelling music for your game. Please see my reel at https://soundcloud.com/nikhilkmusic/sets/music-for-video-games (in particular 'Quest For New Adventure' which was used in an RPG I recently worked on). Feel free to email me at nikhilkmusic@gmail.com as well and I'd love to hear more about your vision. Thanks!

- Nikhil Koparkar

5. Serjio

Serjio New Member

6. nsmadsen

nsmadsen New Member

I do music and sounds should you need them. Best of luck!

Thanks!

Nate

7. SLSinOZ

SLSinOZ New Member

Hi M - sounds interesting, and I would like to find out more about your project. The fact that you're thinking about music early on, and that you want it be original is a big plus for me. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have if that would help - you can contact me through this forum or via my website. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Scott Lloyd Shelly
    www.resonancearray.com

8. N3M3SIS1

N3M3SIS1 New Member

Hello. I sent you an e-mail on behalf of Ominous Entertainment, we'll be waiting for your reply. Thanks !

9. Nmanif

Nmanif New Member

Hello! Just sent you an email regarding sound design for your project. Looking forward to your response!

10. Animator111

Animator111 New Member

This thread is probably fake guys, so they say in other fora too...