Out of interest...[Did you make your website by yourself]

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Anlino, Jan 18, 2006.

1. mooktown

Original Member

mooktown.com all done by me, took about a week but it was worth it as im really happy with the way it turned out. i shamelessly cloned the basic layout of the top navigation area and the general feel from sproutgames.com

:)

2. John Passfield

Original Member

I put together www.casualgamesarcade.com myself. A friend, Pete Mullins, made the Casual Games Arcade logo. It's basic, but its functional.

3. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

Done by me, although I'm meaning to smarten it up a bit sometime. It's my only ever attempt at making a website, and it was a quick job with notepad and the bare minimum of looking at a "So, you want to learn HTML" website. And a tiny, tiny peek at a "So, you want to learn PHP" one.

4. BinaryMoon

Indie Author

Mines entirely my fault, although my day job is as a web designer & flash developer so I have a small advantage over the average indie.

That's not to say it's perfect though - far from it. I have a long list of improvements and tweaks to make.

5. Savant

Original Member

I do it all myself too. I had to teach myself PHP, MySQL and HTML to do it but it was worth the effort.

6. fog4711

Original Member

Mine is a self-made PHP + HTML site. Like Anlino mentioned the site-coding tends to consume more time than initially expected :eek: .
    On the other side it would be easy to set many hours a day free by ceasing to 'waste' time on these forums ;) .

#26 fog4711, Jan 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  7. Anlino

Original Member

Some really nice websites listed here - and i feel the weight on my shoulders ;) Though i have a pretty good idea on how it should look now, probably start with it tomorrow.

8. DFG

DFG
    Original Member

I hired out the logo and top nav, the layout and code are mine.

9. Andy

Original Member

We've got our own WebWizard on board. Our lovely Sam is busy with our website only ( in the company I mean because he makes amount of another good things as well ). But results are exciting really. That's the whole system behind the scene and it required huge efforts from him. Take a look on a control panel. This should give you the idea how powerful it is:
    WildSnake website - Control Panel
    One day we are planning to propose it for usage by another companies as well. So don't hesitate to contact us if you are interested (hint-hint) :)

10. Greig Hamilton

Original Member

I did my website myself. The logo and title was done by someone else though. I think it looks quite good, not sure if others agree as I haven't had any feedback yet. :eek:

Greig

11. Sparky

Original Member

Yup, did it myownself. I wish I had designed it to be a bit more expandable, though - it's kind of a pain to add new pages. Sigh.

12. Pogacha

Original Member

I'm working on it since 3 or 4 month, the 3th or 4rd version ... and I had learn html, css, javascript, php and recently mysql from almost 0, I work in parallalel with the game so the task changing skips me from boring and stress ...

13. Indiepath.T

Original Member Indie Author

Aye, I do all my own stuff.

14. Red Marble Games

Original Member

All me except for the Red Marble Games logo, which I had done professionally through a designer I found at eLance.

I'm thinking about changing this, though, and having someone redo the site for me. I have to think a more professional-looking site inspires greater confidence in potential purchasers, though there is a lot of contrary evidence ...

Mark

15. fog4711

Original Member

Don't worry Greig. Your site is good (IMHO). Informative, easy to navigate and nicely designed. Keep up the good work :cool:

fog :cool:

16. Defacto

Original Member

Just finished making mine myself, it's not even live yet. Wanted to keep it simple because I know what a pain it can be maintaining them later.

Defacto
    defactogames.com

17. Greig Hamilton

Original Member

Thanks for the positive comments fog4711. :)

Greig

18. lexaloffle

Indie Author

19. Vorax

Original Member

I did all of mine (graphics, code, etc), but it's still a basic WIP (just to get something up) that I won't finish until my game is done and I'm in limbo mode waiting for portal feedback. I plan on putting my graphics tablet and a good CSS book to use :)

#39 Vorax, Jan 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  20. Escapee

Original Member

Sprite attack Chris donated the FunPCGame logo for me to keep my indie "creative spirit" alive :p . I made the lines , "designed" the layout with all the skills that i have , and picked the best color for FunPCGames . THe rest of the game logos and screenshots are all made by you all .....;)