OpenGl

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Jobs@et, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Jobs@et

Jobs@et New Member

Hi guys, I'm following tutorial from learnopengl.com site and i am a beginner my question is does every mesh
    in the scene need its own vertex and fragment shader? and also the camera to!! so for every mesh i need to render it require calculate the projection Metrix is that mean i need to pass camera object for every single mesh in the scene?

2. shamu

shamu New Member

OpenGL is not a programming language, it is an API whose purpose is to take data from the CPU to the GPU. Thus, as a computer graphics developer, your task is to send data to the GPU through OpenGL objects. Once data reaches the GPU, it goes through the OpenGL Rendering Pipeline.