Open Beta - Finally yay

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by szatuchny, Feb 26, 2008.

1. szatuchny

szatuchny New Member

I am pleased to announce that as of this morning Saga has entered Open Beta. The press release is bellow.

It has been a long road for our little Indie shop. We started years ago with a dream and not much capital, but today we are almost ready to release the worlds first collectible MMORTS. Saga contains many of the features we as gamers have always wanted in an RTS but could never find, such as allowing friends to quest through the story together, cooperatively, allowing the building of a nation that doesn’t disappear at the conclusion of every campaign, and meaningful leveling of your units including the acquisition of loot. (We love our loot)

If anyone is interested in what the game looks like, I've uploaded our first gameplay trailer to youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDvOs396Mw

The UI is turned off so the game does look a "bit" different but this is a fraps capture right from the game.

SAGA Enters Open Beta
    Silverlode Interactive opened its servers to all players for SAGA-- the persistent world MMORTS.

Provo, UT – February 26, 2008

The World’s First Collectible MMORTS entered Open Beta testing on Tuesday, February 26th, 2008. All players who sign up at www.playsaga.com will receive accounts, allowing them to create nations on the Beta servers. For the duration of the Beta test, all game features will be unlocked and available to testers. At release, a full unlocked copy of SAGA will cost $19.95; however, promotions will be available during the open beta period to purchase the full version of SAGA at a reduced price.

During the stress test conducted on Saturday, February 23rd, the servers performed excellently, with no crashes or other server issues. The SAGA servers are expected to support up to 20,000 players per realm with thousands of simultaneous users. Should a greater-than-expected number of players attempt to login to the world at the same time, a login queue will be implemented and additional realms will be brought online.

Go now to www.playsaga.com to check out SAGA Open Beta!

About SAGA – SAGA is a persistent world RTS in an epic fantasy setting. Players collect troops, build armies, conquer new lands and build up kingdoms, complete with resource collection, city building and peasant management. SAGA’s features include massive armies, multiplayer questing, guild wars, espionage, and an auction house for trading troops and spells.

SAGA has no subscription fees. Players pay as little or as much as they decide, by purchasing ‘booster packs’ of random troops and spells, which are traded and customized to create the strategic army of choice for each player. Visit www.PlaySaga.com

2. jeb_

Indie Author

That's one awesome trailer! Nice job :)

3. Maupin

Original Member

Looks good, and reminds me of Myth, which is one of my all-time favorite multiplayer games.

4. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Sounds very interesting. Just signed up for the beta 2 :)

5. Greg Squire

Original Member

Congratulations on reaching beta! I remember discussing the game some at one of our Indie Nights in the past. I know it's been a long road for you, but the (near) finished product looks great! I hope it does well for you.

6. Geom

Original Member

Wow, that trailer looks amazing! What engine did you use to make the game?

I'd love to see some technical info about how the game was made. I poked around the web site's FAQ -- didn't see any there.

7. vjvj

Indie Author

Yep, reminded me of Myth as well (and I agree; it's one of my fav RTS games also).

No time to play this yet as I'm still pulling shit together for our current game, but I'll be interested to see how the game develops towards release.

Good luck!