Newb Programmer/Developer says Hello!

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Lance Von Alden, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Lance Von Alden

Lance Von Alden New Member

Hello all!

I am new to programming and game/app development. And I had a few questions and well, why not introduce myself on the go.

Hi, I am Lance. I wanna be a programmer and indiegame developer (among many other things). Anything else you would like to know, feel free to check my profile, I'll try to give up enough information about me there.

I recently started learning programmming, and came up with a few languages that were popular and nice for beginners. I decided to give Python a go and so far seems nice and friendly (specially with the modules), later I will get more in depth with it and try with Ruby, Java and/or Javascript.

I was wondering what you guys though about Python as a language for a beginner and if it was good choice for someone that wants to be an indiegame/androir app developer one day. I know there is Ren'Py for example, and Python seems to have many nice choices for pretty basic games.

I wanted to one day be able to use Javascript too for RPGMakerMV and also try with Unity/Unreal someday. Of course I am not stopping in Python. But tell me guys what do you think about that, and maybe share some of your experiences, tips, advices, anything that can help me while I still learn. x3

Oh, I am also looking to make friends on anywhere, friends I can share ideas and discuss em, on programming and game-making, maybe form a team one day. So if anyone is interested, page me.