New Writer and Game Designer interested to get into a indie team

Discussion in 'Other Services' started by Odoeb, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Odoeb

Odoeb New Member

Hello! My name is Odoeb but my real name is Dagen. For most of my life I have always wanted to create games, the idea of making entire worlds and mechanics for people to explore and enjoy was always something I wanted to do for as long as I can remember. The both the simple and the complex aspects of it I have looked into, including what it takes to make a game and just how much work and passion needs to be put into it. After seeing the different sections that make up a game I was quick to realize that although I hold great respect for the other parts and some interest I could not create a game by myself. This is why I'm posting this here.

Up until now I have not had a chance to actually work on a full fledged game as I am still fairly young and unable to get into many more professional teams. The only experience I have with actually producing a game was a short amount of work on a game called Ninja Runner where I brain stormed with a few others to come up with the game play and mechanics as well as worked on some of the sprite work. I am no longer in contact with my partner who worked on it but the concept was a side scrolling mobile game where you had to jump over obstacles as you moved forward constantly. The twist was at certain points the screens perspective would flip, running up platforms to running entirely upside down.

For writing experience I have a few years of creative writing practice, keeping it as a hobby I do in my spare time. My best example I can give for my creative writing ability is this short biography I wrote for a character, it can be seen at http://justpaste.it/j7lc

I am interested in joining any team out there that is in need of another writer or game designer for whatever their needs might be regardless of pay or what they are wanting to do. If you need to contact me simply send me a PM on this site or email me at dagen.rt.strong@gmail.com

I really hope to start work on something spectacular with some of you!

2. Bering

Bering New Member

You mentioned you're interested in getting involved with Game Design. What is your experience using game engines?

3. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

The indie business threads is where you'll most likely find work that needs to be touched upon! As there is a slow rise in job types in there actually! so you may need to be a little more active to gain a spot in that area of interest completely!

He has said that he mostly did sprite work and creating the concepts of a few game designs, not a physical game designer. Which makes him all the more of a sprite artist.