Neofeud - a Dystopic Cyberpunk Adventure

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SilverSpook, Apr 28, 2017.

1. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Here's a recent review:

"Neofeud is a spectacular gumbo of cyberpunk goodness. The story focuses on an ex-cop turned social worker and one action-packed day in a futuristic dystopia. The setting uses royalty and robots to stand in for the oligarchy and ethnicity in our present day society. There is plenty of on-the-nose pontificating, but that's balanced out by the fact that the game is also unabashedly ridiculous. It splashes around copious references to real-world events that in other games would come off as pretentious, but in Neofeud it's all remixed and smashed together with a wacky irreverence. It never feels like "here's your obligatory nerd culture set-piece, now all go pat yourselves on the back for being clever enough to notice it", it just feels punk.

I have to point out that you shouldn't go into this expecting a polished AAA game, or even a big studio point-and-click. The dialog is overwrought, the voice acting is uneven, the character development is implausible and there are several continuity errors. But the puzzles are decent and the music is cool. The whole package is so joyous that it's easy to overlook the flaws. Then you get to the credits and realize that pretty much everything is done by just one guy. That is some DIY ethic right there.

The only thing i found a little uncomfortable in the game was the choice of accents for certain characters. I get that get using AAVE and street slang for the downtrodden bots was probably a choice meant to drive home the parallel to racism in America, but i felt that was undermined a little bit by the accents of the Chinese and Indian representatives later in the game. Then again, the original Deus Ex had some pretty hokey accents too at times and that was still a fun game.

This is a fun game too."

2. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

[​IMG]

Here's the Silver Spook Cyberpunk Christmas stream! Thanks everyone who dropped in!

Also, there is now a public Terminus Machina Discord server! Here's the link: https://discord.gg/ejPZrx

3. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

4. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

[​IMG]

I interviewed James Dearden @TechnocratGames with news on the amazing Technobabylon 2, point and click adventuregames, Deus Ex, cyberpunk & the secret key to drunk-tweeting Warren Spector (Deus Ex) & Richard K. Morgan (Altered Carbon)! :D

Also, Neofeud is still 60% off! Get it quick!

5. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

My cyberpunk adventure Neofeud 2 remains in development. You can support it by picking up Neofeud, 60% off right now!

[​IMG]

6. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

2 days left to get Neofeud 60% off!

[​IMG]

Plus, here's the latest stream: Bandersnatch Episode of Black Mirror - Silver Spook's Cyberpunk Take! (SSLive #71)

7. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Neofeud on sale this week!

[​IMG]

8. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Neofeud on sale this week!

[​IMG]

9. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

10. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Latest stream: Cancel Save changes Post It Notes and Cyberpunk Workouts - Silver Spook works on Neofeud 2 live!

11. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

[​IMG]

Check out my podcast with Jamie Patton, creator of cyberpunk management sim, Spinnortality - "Grow your megacorp. Influence media. Warp culture. Start riots. Spread fake news. Topple governments. Become immortal." Coming Feb 1!

Also, Neofeud is on sale for 3 more days!

12. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Neofeud sale ends in 2 days!

Also you can get it Linux and Mac here: https://silverspook.itch.io/neofeud

Also, Crankin' out some new anims for my cyberpunk adventure, Neofeud 2. Neofeud 1 is on sale a couple more days! I'm a one-person dev on this so all purchases go to help me pay bills while making the sequel :D

This is in 1360 / 768 so it takes forever to paint but worth it in the end! I'd like to go shopping in this glitched-out cyber-supermarket with some haunting vaporwave piped in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

14. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Neofeud is 60% off in the Steam Lunar New Year Sale!

[​IMG]

15. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Latest devstream! Plus Neofeud is on sale right now :D

16. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Some of the latest animation and interface test from my cyberpunk adventure Neofeud 2!

Neofeud 1 is on sale for one more day:

17. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Last day to get Neofeud 60% off! "A cyberpunk masterpiece" "Gripping mastery of storytelling" --Reviewers

[​IMG]

18. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

19. SilverSpook

SilverSpook New Member

Latest Neofeud 2 dev stream