Need help with on Probability

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Bekjan, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Bekjan

Bekjan New Member

Hello everyone, not sure if posting in correct section, first post. Really need your help on understanding Probability, I have an example please help me figure it out, here is the question:
    One out of five items drops from a box. Coin drops 8 times more then potion. Armor drops 4 times more then a gun. Resource drops 4 times less then coin. A gun drops 60 times less the resources.
    a) If boxes opened by the same player how many resources he will have when the armor drops
    b) if the probability of drop is inversely proportional to their value, how many coins does the gun cost
    c) how many people from 1000 will get 5 coins, when they will open their first 5 boxes
    d) what is the probability that from first 500 boxes no gun will drop
    e) if a coin, resource and a potion drops only once then how many boxes have to be opened to drop a gun

If any one could explain how to solve this it would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance.