Need help choosing a CC service

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by techbear, Feb 16, 2005.

1. techbear

Original Member

I'm setting up a custom music-sales system for a friend. He has a huge library of music for games, but no one's ever heard it, so no one wants to buy it.

My PC client-server app streams the music down to the client across the internet, allowing people to listen before they buy. Then they whip out a credit card.

The client won't be available for free to everyone; it'll be sent to producers at big game companies, and these producers are expected to fork over thousands of dollars per purchase (for 20-40 minutes of music).

I'm writing the app in C++, expecting it to run on Windows (in fact, the client has some zippy real-time effects which make me demand DirectX). I'm looking for an integrated solution, like esellerate's in-game system, not a web-based solution.

So, what CC processing service do you recommend for this application?

Thanks for the feedback!

2. Ryan Clark

Indie Author

I've had no trouble with eSellerate, although I've used them for something entirely different.

Is there a reason you don't want to go with eSellerate?

3. techbear

Original Member

No, just coverin' my bases, seeing if anyone can suggest something even better.

4. luggage

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I think your friend might find it a little easier to actually find a job with game developer. All the developers I've worked for use an in house sound guy who writes the music specifically for the game. They also develop all the sound effects, and fit music\sfx to avi's. Works out cheaper in the long run than buying a track for thousands of dollars that may or may not fit the mood of the game and still have no sound effects.

But then again it's always worth a try.