My Post Moved... Why?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by dypaul, Jan 30, 2005.

1. dypaul

Original Member

Hi,

I had posted a thread on Indie Business, but was moved to Indie Basics. Can anyone tell me why? Did I violate some rule? Thanks.

2. Roulette

Original Member

Odd

The strangest thing about it is that your question really does belong in this section. It's certainly not a question "for people just starting out."

- Roulette

3. Mark Fassett

Moderator Indie Author

I don't know why it moved (I didn't move it), but I do know that any posts that any posts that admins and moderators deem of educational quality to new indies will be moved.

4. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Two of your posts were moved. One asking about paypal and the other about armadillo. I'd say deciding what payment solution to use is a "starting out" question and not something of major concern to well established indies. Anything like that should either be posted in Indie Basics or will be moved.

Also.. this post.. is posted in Indie Business. But it's not a business question. So I'll move that to "general chat".

5. dypaul

Original Member

svero...

I accept your logic, but I wanted my questions to be exposed to established players who are exactly the ones that have such answers. I doubt seasoned users of this forum ever go to the Indie Basics section since most discussions there will be "basic".

6. princec

Indie Author

Not at all - some of the experienced people in here are happy to help people out, and it's just helpful if the "starter questions" are clustered in one place so it's easier to either act on them or ignore them as one feels.

Cas :)

7. Mark Sheeky

Indie Author

Wow In an totally unrelated subject I've just noticed Cas that you have over 800 posts on here to your name! Okay. That should be my century :)

Mark

8. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Well if people want to ignore basic questions that's their right and they're just as likely to do it in one forum as they are in another. I don't think you'll find that it's the case that people just ignore that forum.

9. princec

Indie Author

Eeerggh, I talk too much.

Cas :)

10. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

Mm, high post counts: not cool, but embarassing...

If others are anything like me, they'll just click on "New Posts" and read anything that looks interesting, irrespective of the forum.

11. Hamumu

Indie Author

Yep, for me that might as well not even BE separate forums, I never even look at that column of the new posts list.

12. Jim Buck

Indie Author

Ditto, I do the exact same. "New posts", read a new post, "back", read a new post, "back", ... :)

13. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

Really? I just click on all the ones that lI want to read and open them in new tabs. Then I go through until the tabs are gone.

[closes tab]