[MUSICIAN] Retro Video Game Music Composer

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Alex E., Jul 16, 2016.

1. Alex E.

Alex E. New Member

Hello!

My name is Alex Emenheiser, musician and animator, and I am eager to get into composing for your video game. I have been a pianist for longer than nine years and a vocalist for more than three! I've composed music for things such as Retro Racer for the PC, Eddsworld: the Movie, The Tale of the Tarot Illuminati, and various animated cartoons.

I am experienced in composing authentic, retro chiptunes. Much like how it was done in the 1980s and 1990s, I start the process of composing for the piano and synthesizer before retrofitting the music to one of these lovely, dear consoles:
    • NES / Famicom
    • SNES / Super Famicom
    • Nintendo Game Boy
    • SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive
    • SEGA Master System / Game Gear
    • SEGA Arcade System
    • Commodore 64
    • NEC PC-Engine
    I use FamiTracker, DefleMask, and SNESGSS to create retro video game music. In addition to retro music, I can compose modern orchestral music and electronica using Propellerhead Reason.

I take great inspiration from progressive rock bands and artists like Rush, Genesis, and the great Tim Follin. I treat synthetic music as if it were acoustic for the best listening experience; a synth violin should be treated like an acoustic violin, you know? That's one of my philosophies for composing video game music. As for examples of my work, I have arranged the Encounter Theme from Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation to the SEGA Genesis and NES, as well as a remix of Ice Cap Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3. More recently, I arranged the Main Theme fromGhouls 'n Ghosts for the Amiga for the SEGA Genesis. Here's an original song that I created for the Genesis called He's a Mellow Fellow using original patches and samples from other games. It ended up as a demo song for the DefleMask program!

If you would like to have me compose music for your game, please maintain good communication with me, and give me the details of how you want your music to incorporate into your game. If your project has a budget, the music you receive will be higher quality than if it were for free. Otherwise, I will consider pro bono publico (a.k.a. free) work.

Check my Bio for more information. If you are interested, leave a reply and contact me at adesyndicate@gmail.com!

— Alex E.