Masters - Our Dev Blog

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Subdivision_CG, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Subdivision_CG

Subdivision_CG New Member

Hello,

We are a team of three and are currently developing a VR game called MASTERS. We are a curious group in that only one of us has a full gaming background, having worked on titles such as Gothic 3 and Risen 2. The other two began their careers in non-realtime 3D, such as architectural and product visualization, animation and VFX.

What brought us together 4 years ago is a big car manufacturer for who we develop realtime and non-realtime 3D content, assets, scripts and data management systems. This ongoing work is what we do to finance ourselves, so unfortunately we can't work full time on the game for now. Since we're planning an episodic release schedule, we are hoping that the first episode to be released in late 2017 will provide us with enough funds to shift into higher gear, spending significantly more time per day on developing the next episodes.

We have a development blog where we frequently post updates and background information. Sometimes we talk about high level or very general topics, sometimes we go more in-depth and post technical details. Maintaining a blog is additional work, but we want to reach out and get a feel for how much interest there is in the game. It's also a great way for us to answer questions and respond to requests.

Here is the link to our blog:
    http://masters-game.com

[​IMG]

2. Subdivision_CG

3. Subdivision_CG

4. Tim Claubaugh

Tim Claubaugh New Member

this looks really REALLY good!
    have recently got accepted as the director of music technology and composition at Terra Sate Community College in Fremont Ohio. This is kinda a shot out of a cannon but how many of you guys would be interested if i told you we would do you SFX, Foley, Voice over work, mixing and mastering plus a OST for free for your game. The only stipulation would be whatever students worked on the game would get their name put in the credits. that goes for musicians too. Now this will start in full swing fall of 2018 and I already have a few bites however the more the marrier. The idea is to add works to the students resumes and all projects will be over seen by me. Would this be something you guys are interested in?

5. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

Looks very good so far. Do you have a monetization plan? I'm wondering how hard it is to monetize VR games, since there must not be a very big audience for it yet. Be careful with assuming that the first episode will finance the others. I heard so many developers being being disappointed when their optimism doesn't become reality (I got fooled myself with my own predictions more than once in the past).

I once heard from a wise man (ex-employer of mine) that a series really take off with the third installment.

Good luck with your project!

6. Subdivision_CG

Thank you for the offer, that sounds excellent. Can you message me your email address so that we can get in contact?

Thank you, regarding monetization we're keeping our expectations low because the market is very small indeed.

We're banking on two factors: the VR market will probably grow a lot over the next years, so we want to get a foot in the door early. And also, most of the games that are being released have either low production value or are very casual. We'll try to stand out from that crowd with Masters, which will hopefully get us a bit of an audience.

kevintrepanier likes this.
  7. Subdivision_CG

8. Subdivision_CG

9. Subdivision_CG

10. Tim Claubaugh

Tim Claubaugh New Member