Making new game need random alien races.

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Starminer7Z7, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

I'm making a new game called Duck For Cover and one of its high points is fighting random alien races with no story or reason behind them and I need ideas. They can be anything, they can defy physics, make no sense or really anything from basketballs with legs to cowboy Dino's to rainbow Jedi cats, I only have two rules, they can attack a player and can be killed by the player.

2. dragonslumber

Greenlit

I encourage you to play Spore. The game itself is forgettable but the creature creator and the number of player created races could inspire you.

3. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

I have played spore before but with people ideas I can get a wider range of different species from robots to fish to ice beings to reptiles to anything, spore is fairly limiting. But thanks for the tip.

4. Sponge

Sponge New Member

Pigs with wings, Crystallized humanoids, Cubes of slime, Cows made of cheese, Walking hammerhead sharks, Original green/grey big headed big eyed aliens, that's a bunch of random ideas I came up with in 10 minutes, might post some more later.

Starminer7Z7 likes this.
  5. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

Awesome ideas they will be in there thanks.
    The slime cubes may be changed though but some slime creature will be there.

#5 Starminer7Z7, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  6. 91252

91252 New Member

Well, you seem like a good enough guy- so have this:
    An alien race dubbed The Polar lives off the magnetic fields of planets and stars and eventually comes to the setting of your game's planet. They are, in their natural form, composed of several ancient stone rings that form a gyroscope of sorts, but these rings are always in motion. The Polar can manifest through polarized materials to take any form they can manage, from man to monster, and communicate through specific electromagnetic wavelengths. Most of the race is driven by the hunger for energy, but there are prime entities that lead the masses of The Polar. They are named the Sources, each of acting as a sort of power and communications relay for the rest. Resembling large obsidian monoliths, they are often 'asleep', rising only when called upon. The Sources are scattered among planets, even galaxies- take them down, the rest go with them, all eventually losing their power to the magnetic fields they originated from.
    Enjoy!:)

Starminer7Z7 likes this.
  7. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

Alright I can work with that

8. Aspire_0.o

Aspire_0.o New Member

Hello! Hry? Anyways, I've got an idea. Kree, they're blue and have two antelike-like eyes with monkey-like arms and legs. They where these weird 'helmets' that cover their mouths and necks, they breath pure nitrogen, pumped into the helmet from tanks on their backs

Starminer7Z7 likes this.
  9. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

Thanks I might use it but I might change the name because marvel already have an alien race called Kree but I might use it.

10. Scoper

Indie Author

Sounds silly and fun.
    How about fire-breathing pink unicorns with cute eyes and mint-flavoured toxic gas farts.
    Or cyborg squirrels armed with big death-ray rifles.
    Or beings made of pure energy - like sentient electical charges.

Starminer7Z7 likes this.
  11. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

My 5 year old son said, "A rainbow chicken that shoots light bulbs from its mouth". Top that!

Starminer7Z7 and DukeofRealms like this.
  12. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

Alright that's exactly the stuff I needed they will be in there thanks

13. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

Alright little man that is awesome it will be hard to top. It will be in there

14. tacobell_luva

tacobell_luva New Member

How about, Slug blobs holding flowers.

Starminer7Z7 likes this.
  15. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

That works

16. Rekusi

Indie Author

Since it sounds like you are going to have plenty of dead bodies and probably body parts...how bout an evil flesh magnetic teddy bear that attracts all those random body parts to use as weapons or it grows the more body parts it collects.

Starminer7Z7 likes this.
  17. Vonyco

Vonyco New Member

Gotta take a stab at this,

A cone, with multiple cones circling around its body as legs. Two large eyes floating infront of its body.
    A giant mesh of eyeballs stuck together, with a single leg jutting out from beneath.
    Something like an upsidedown jellyfish with lips on its tentacles.
    A pig nose with tongue legs.

Sorry if these are a little gross, but I couldn't help myself,

Starminer7Z7 likes this.
  18. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

Alright I can work with that

19. Starminer7Z7

Starminer7Z7 New Member

Yeah a little gross but I can work with it thanks